This was my second stay at this Holiday Inn Express this year.
The hotel is conveniently located just if the motorway and is next to Strathclyde Park. There is a very large car park available which is free for guests.
On arrival the reception area was clean and well maintained and I was served within a few minutes with an apology offered for the short wait. Check-in was completed quickly and as a member if the hotels loyalty scheme I was offered a choice of additional points or a free drink from the bar.
My room was on the top floor and at the end of one of the corridors therefore it was away from the lift and was nice and quiet. The room itself had been thoroughly cleaned throughout prior to my arrival and was comfortable.
Food is available in the bar area in the evenings with a reasonable choice available. I chose the chicken pie which was served with vegetables and mashed potato. The quality was pretty good with lots of filling whilst the mash was also decent quality and not powdered. There is also a Toby Carvery next door to the hotel.
I had a good nights sleep and there were no disturbances or excessive noise which was very good.
A complimentary breakfast is offered in the morning which is continental with three hot items also available (Beans, sausages and scrambled eggs) so there is a decent choice available. This hotel I feel benefits from the Great Room being much bigger than most Holiday Inn Express' out there so it is not as cramped or uncomfortable as some out there.
When checking out there were no delays and I was wished a safe journey as I left.
Overall another decent stay and I'd be happy to return again in the future. I prefer staying here than at the nearby Holiday Inn Express at nearby Hamilton as the parking set up is much better here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 120 bedroom Express by Holiday Inn Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, is ideal for Corporate and Leisure clients, offering ensuite accommodation including Complimentary Continental Breakfast with selected Hot Items, FREE Car Parking spaces for upto 120 cars. We are on Jct 5 off the M74. The Express By Holiday Inn Strathclyde is located in the Strathclyde Country park with Motherwell Food Park with Companies like Honeywell and TNT close by. Hamilton,Motherwell and Eurocentral are within 5 minutes driving distance from the Hotel. Glasgow Airport is a 25 minute drive and Edinburgh Airport is a 40 minute drive from the Hotel.The Hotel is situated within the complex of attractions, such as Strathclyde Country Park with its Watersports centre, country walks and purpose built M & D's Theme Park (open all year round with FREE entry). Other places of interest are David Livingston Centre, the Time Capsule Leisure Centre and a Golf Course just 1.5 miles away. Glasgow City Centre is just a 25 minutes drive from the Hotel and easily accessible to Gleneagles and St. Andrews Golf Courses . There is a Bar/ Lounge available for resident guests from 11am to 3am daily and 2 Meeting rooms for upto 30 people offering all audio / visual equipment and business facilities. High Speed Internet Access available throughout the Hotel ( FREE in the Lounge Area.) Sorry but we Do Not Accept Pets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park Hotel Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Express Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Motherwell
- Motherwell Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 Motherwell, Scotland