Stayed for 3 nights. Convenient location means a lot of business traffic stays there - large trucks and vans when we stayed.
Room large enough and clean and tidy. Shower was nice. Beds are soft but you'll never please everyone with beds will you? Breakfast included and whilst I was happy with what was on offer, I was surprised there was no bacon with the rest of the cooked offerings.
Location easy distance from Glasgow or Edinburgh and so ideal from that point of view.
My one gripe might be that the bed was too soft for the wife but the sofa bed was just right for her. Only one issue was no bedding available for it. If you have the bed, you should be able to get the bedding right? We were offered a blanket but not ideal in any way.
Parking good and plentiful - enough so my car did not get knocked and scratched - CCTV is another nice security thing.
For the money - yeh, it was fine. Staff there were pleasant enough and all in all, not a bad place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 120 bedroom Express by Holiday Inn Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, is ideal for Corporate and Leisure clients, offering ensuite accommodation including Complimentary Continental Breakfast with selected Hot Items, FREE Car Parking spaces for upto 120 cars. We are on Jct 5 off the M74. The Express By Holiday Inn Strathclyde is located in the Strathclyde Country park with Motherwell Food Park with Companies like Honeywell and TNT close by. Hamilton,Motherwell and Eurocentral are within 5 minutes driving distance from the Hotel. Glasgow Airport is a 25 minute drive and Edinburgh Airport is a 40 minute drive from the Hotel.The Hotel is situated within the complex of attractions, such as Strathclyde Country Park with its Watersports centre, country walks and purpose built M & D's Theme Park (open all year round with FREE entry). Other places of interest are David Livingston Centre, the Time Capsule Leisure Centre and a Golf Course just 1.5 miles away. Glasgow City Centre is just a 25 minutes drive from the Hotel and easily accessible to Gleneagles and St. Andrews Golf Courses . There is a Bar/ Lounge available for resident guests from 11am to 3am daily and 2 Meeting rooms for upto 30 people offering all audio / visual equipment and business facilities. High Speed Internet Access available throughout the Hotel ( FREE in the Lounge Area.) Sorry but we Do Not Accept Pets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park Hotel Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Express Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Motherwell
- Motherwell Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 Motherwell, Scotland