“Function Venue.”
Review of Old Mill Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Motherwell
Old Mill Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Function Venue.”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I went here for a family party at the weekend and enjoyed it though there were a couple of wee things about it that weren't brilliant. The function room was nicely set out but it was very cold, and when someone at our table asked they were told that the heating was up full. But once the room filled up and the party got started it did get a bit warmer. The buffet itself was nice and there was plenty of it. I had heard mixed opinions locally about the Old Mill though it is a fairly popular party venue locally. I would say that although we had a good night, they could done a few small things that would have made it a great, like make sure the heating works or putting in draught-proofing.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fiona M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Blackwood, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We booked here for xmas day dinner which was £40pp x8 of us , when we arrived we were crammed into a small hall and not enough space at the table, the table was not set up for our sitting to start with! the orders were not all taken down some where missed, the food came out in dribs & drabs & was cold, some plates were missing items, there was absolutly no table service at all we all wanted a glass of wine but no one came near the table for a drinks order, there were no rolls or butter for the soup, when we asked for this the staff seemed annoyed with us, & too top it all off the head waitress was extremly rude to my mother when she asked for extra milk, as we were handed a very small cup of milk to go round 8 of us, it filled 3 cups, can i please add we are a nice family & def not the sort to complain or winge at nothing, this service was appauling so i felt i had to write something as when paying that price per head on xmas day you expect things to be nice.........worst experiance at a restaurant in my life strongly advise you not too go, also forgot there was no heating either very very sad !!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank claire447

Travellers are raving about these Motherwell hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Had a good party night here on 22 dec 2012, was dreading it due to the bad reviews and a friend saying how bad it was and had also heard the story of the toilet fiasco, when we arrived it did smell very damp and this made my spirits go down further, but from then on it was a great night.Lovely hot food served very quickly by pleasant friendly staff. Only thing I didn't like is that the veg and potatoes are served separately which I hate cause I don't want to take too much so end up taking lot less, but apart from that no complaints Piping hot soup with crusty bread or melon for starter, turkey with trimmings, beef or veg choice main course and fruit strudel and custard of xmas pud and cream for desert. Who can complain for under £10 per person.Staff lovely and friendly and can't do enough for you Dj till 1 am and toilets were very clean with loads of toilet rolls and taps that did work, yes the floor is uneven but I lived near here about 30 years ago and it is a kinda quaint building hence the sloped floor and stairs down to sinks as it was all those years ago but it makes it a nice quaint place being like this and anyhow I don't go to a night out to live in the toilets. I really expected a terrible night but had a great time and all for under £10, we usually pay £40 for xmas night and it may not be the poshest but depends who your company is too, night is what you make it. By the way staff I was with the Boyd party and thanks for a great night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank letitia114
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

This place could be a lot nicer. But as a place for a guy to crash after a night out it was good enough... Just. Wouldn't take my partner! Is one thing being budget but though the bedding & towels were fresh, the fog of cigarette smoke in the corridor barely disguised the smell of damp on the stairs.

Next time I'll probably just pay more for a better place.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Well where to start!!!!!!

I attended a party at The Old Mill last night. First thing was the cold. It was freezing in the main hall. People ordered wine ( which was watered down ) and when friends tried to complain to the EXTREMELY RUDE manageress they were shot down in flames. The meal was ok.
The last straw was when the ladies toilets backed up and water started pouring through the function room ceiling directly above our table. we knew then that it was time to call it a night.
I can safely say I will NEVER EVER be visiting there again.
Very disappointed to say the least :(((

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Just back from my christmas party night and i must say it was amazing value for money !!! Yes ok the toilets broke (out of the staffs hands as someones at the party night smashed the toilet which caused floods) however we had a ball of a night !! 3 course meal & 3 hunky strippers all for 20 quid !!! Ppl were complaining to staff reguarding these toilets !!! They opened up the rooms they had avaliable and the toilets were spotless !!! The staff were fantastic & very helpful !!! Even got the sassy boys to stay on later to make up for the whole toilet fiasco !!! Overall a great night !!! Some ppl need to realise you get what you pay for & i must say we all got more than our moneys worth !!! WELL IN THE OLD MILL !!! Il defo be back again next year :-)

• Stayed December 2012
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I recently attended a party at this venue and to have to say that the whole experience was terrible. The ladies toilets are a dangerous place to visit with none if the taps working so you can was your hands and the flooring very uneven and without warning of steps and slopping floors. The staff wre rude and vrry unhelpful.

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
#5 of 9 in Motherwell
Dakota Eurocentral
Dakota Eurocentral
#1 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Old Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!