Just got back from Scotland, and we spent two evenings at The Moorings, and we had a lovely time. Our room was very large and with a big bay window sitting area. Just so restful! The room and bathroom were spotless, and the bed was so comfy. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and the staff were fantastic about taking care of us.
The only small issue we had, was dinner in the dinning room on our first night. The food was pretty bland, and I ordered a Caeser salad, and the ingredients included in it were odd. Turkey meat and mayo?? under the lettuce? A very small blip on an otherwise lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel provides the magic near Motherwell! Built in 1891 as the private home for a member of a famous Scottish steel dynasty, our beautiful main building has held its charm and offers a unique, understated and timeless air of refinement to this day. The surroundings are undeniably chic, but the overall ambience remains humble enough to be homely. A "B" listed building within a local conservation area, BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel has built on its 19th century roots to meet 21st century needs and provides guests with classic character. We still have some of the original stained glass windows, and our hospitality is traditional and unintrusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Motherwell
- BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel Scotland