“Great hotel”

BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My Gran lives on Hamilton road so when I am travelling up from London and I can't stay at hers it makes sense for me to stay at the Moorings Hotel. I've stayed here on 2 or 3 occasions but will always return back to this hotel if it is available. Other hotels in the area are not the high standard of the Moorings is. I't very clean, well decorated and the staff are always very welcoming. The bar/food area is great and you're always guaranteed a great breakfast. It is in a great location, only a 5-10 minute walk to the station and high street. Motherwell is also a great spot to travel by train to either Edinburgh or Glasgow. The rooms are spacious and big enough for two people. If you're travelling to Motherwell and need a hotel the Moorings is the best choice for comfort and style.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Motherwell may not be a glamorous destination but the Moorings Hotel most certainly helps point it in the right direction. It's a traditional Scottish stone building that has been very tastefully modernised with luxurious rooms and dining area.

The staff are very helpful, the food is excellent (I'd recommend the sea bass fillets) and the service efficient. It is also very reasonably priced, has plenty of car parking and is a mile from the M74. This is how all small hotels should be, Superb.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We booked the day before and needed a hotel in the Motherwell area.
The Hotel looks lovely from the outside and the inside is equally nice.
Our hotel bedroom was very clean. The hotel staff were very friendly. As we arrived mid evening we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. The food was exceptional, in fact I would go as far to say it was one of the nicest evening meals I have had in a while. The breakfast was nice as well.
If we needed to stay in this area again we would have no issues booking this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My brother recomended this little gem of hotel and I now stay here when I visit my family.
Online booking
Clean, secure and the hotel have always managed to accomodate my requests.
Location
Just off the M74, and within walking distance of Motherwell station. Easy access to town centre shops and restaurants while also 10 minutes from Strathclyde park. Good central base to explore local areas and easy to access Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Car park
Access is via side road
Reception
Small desk as you enter the hotel, the staff often work in the rear office and come out when they hear you.
Restaurant
Eaten here several times and the menu changes slightly with the seasons.
Room
I stay several times a year, this is based on Room 23, which has been recently refurbished. The receptionist mentioned that this was the last room to have been refurbished over the last few years. The decor is understated Scottish (so some tartan/plaid) in neutral tones. Quiet and very clean. Range of tea and coffe available, with shortbread for those mid afternoon pangs. Heating is via in room storage heaters, which are easy to turn up/down
Breakfast
A good range of local produce,however, this is not refered to on the menu. For ex-locals like myself the sausage is 'square', however, for those that are not local this may be a surprise on their breakfast plate. Breakfast was well presented, and staff are friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Each room is slightly different, so I would recomend you call the hotel or detail a preference on on...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tea_lover2013
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night. It was lovely. Room was great. Best bed ever!!! Clean and well appointed. Fresh bathroom. Had a meal it was taste and enjoyable. Staff were freindlyish!!! Staff at night were great breakfast staff not quite as happy!!! Lol breakfast was good. One complaint. We waited for 10 mins for someone to deal with us at reception!!! The receptionist said she was 'applying her lippy' good for her but not when customers are waiting. We had to call the bar staff and that when she came from an office in the back of reception. When you arrive just make lots of noise and they will know your there....... We were too quiet allegedly!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here in Motherwell while visiting my then boyfriend in Cleland. It was a delightful little place to stay and the front desk clerk was fantastic! I was far from home as I live in Canada but because the hotel was quite small and homey I felt right at home. I would definitely go back when visiting my now husbands family!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Small room but was all we needed we got a pleasant surprise when we walked in, it was lovely!
Beautiful exterior of the hotel also. Convenient location and has parking also.
I was surprised that it said on the booking slip "one dog per room" as it was so clean I cant imagine animals having been in the room.
Lovely!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
Dakota Eurocentral
#4 of 9 in Motherwell
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park

Been to BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel? Share your experiences!