Stayed here with hubby for one night prior to watching son compete in a rowing regatta at Strathclyde Park. The room was lovely, well decorated and very clean. The breakfast was also delicious and the staff were very friendly. We didn't have our evening meal in the hotel as we fancied a curry but it was only a ten minute walk to the centre. A two minute drive took us to Strathclyde Park. This hotel is well situated and we would definitely recommend it. The only caution I would add is that, if you have any problem with stairs, that you make them aware of this when booking as there were a lot of stairs and I'm not sure if there was a lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel provides the magic near Motherwell! Built in 1891 as the private home for a member of a famous Scottish steel dynasty, our beautiful main building has held its charm and offers a unique, understated and timeless air of refinement to this day. The surroundings are undeniably chic, but the overall ambience remains humble enough to be homely. A "B" listed building within a local conservation area, BEST WESTERN Moorings Hotel has built on its 19th century roots to meet 21st century needs and provides guests with classic character. We still have some of the original stained glass windows, and our hospitality is traditional and unintrusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Motherwell
- BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel Scotland