“Beautiful steak”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Carluke, United Kingdom
“Beautiful steak”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

First time at the Dakota and I will be back.The front of house staff were friendly and well organised. Our starters were delicious but nothing could prepare me for my main.The sirloin was massive and perfectly cooked. I thought it may have been a bit rare in the centre due to the size however it was beautiful and tender throughout.Chose the bernaise sauce which complimented it so well.
No room for dessert. Best meal in ages.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stated gets for business and can honestly say it is the best "business" hotel I've stayed in - in that it is not businessy at all!

The lobby is beautifully designed. Gorgeous comfy sofas and magazines to browse through. Nice music (not lift style generic stuff).

The room had so many nice details that made it that bit more special: two blinds on the window for ultimate darkness, nice amount of lighting, comfy bed, powerful shower.

The restaurant food for both breakfast and dinner was absolutely superb. I never usually choose to eat dinner at a hotel as it tends to be overpriced and bland but this was the complete opposite.

The only downside was that this was my first visit to Glasgow and the location didn't do it justice at all. I barely got to see the city!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here last night and we both had a brilliant night away. Our first since our toddler was born nearly two years ago! The hotel is the perfect place to go on a wintery day. It's really dark and cosy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in an executive double (room 504), it was spacious with a massive bed and TV. The hotel seemed quite busy but it seemed pretty quiet in our room. There's not much a view but you know that before-hand. Our meal was fantastic. We kicked off our night of freedom with a couple of cocktails in the bar (very nice), I would recommend trying the lime and salt cashew nuts. We both had steak which was cooked incredibly well. The starters and desserts are quite expensive for what they are but the steak is really good value. My dessert was a bit too sweet for me (butterscotch parfait) and I was so full from dinner. Breakfast in the morning was great. I would definitely recommend the Dakota for a nice meal and overnight stay. My only small gripe would be the lack of curtains in the room (wooden vertical blinds), it's fine at this time of the year but I imagine they would let in a lot of light in the summer.

I've rated the Dakota excellent as it really is great value for money and the food was fantastic.

Room Tip: The executive rooms have super king size beds, large TVs and are on the 5th floor. None of the rooms...
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Booked the hotel in Advance for valentines day as a surprise for my girlfriend only to arrive on valentines day and be told we cant dine as it was fully booked .... Thanks !!! they could have mentioned about a table when I booked it weeks ago! so we got told we could order to the room. I had to read the small print on the menu to notice it was an extra £5 charge for this service so we opted to go else where for dinner as I was not having a valentines day meal with my girlfriend in a room! ( btw the room was immaculate and to the highest standard 5* )
After getting ready and on the way to the main door for a taxi into Coatbridge to look for restaurant we wer approach by a random member of staff and asked if we had a table booked, I explained about it being fully booked and not being advised to book a table when I booked the room etc she apologised and told us they had a cancelation but it would need to be right this instance, so we ended up having a meal in the hotel. ( very expensive ) but worth it because of the occasion. overall happy with the stay and would defo recommend the hotel to a friend.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

From the outside their hotel looks like an office block, tall and blacked out glass......but from the minute you go through the doors you enter another realm. Stunning decor, gorgeous rooms and the best shower I've had in a hotel! ;-)

Restaurant although pricey dishes up some of the most exquisite food I've tasted.

5 stars winner from us both in our opinion.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Brian M
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Second stay and once again great. Check-in easy. Rooms are fantastic, even get a free cookie. Everywhere is clean and tidy. Great food, although a bit expensive. Only complaint in the restaurant is the tables are a bit close together.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Reception staff nice- no info on dinner - had booked a table for 6.30pm no information on how dinner /when we should arrive for dinner or payment to be made - unsure wether charged to room or paid following meal. No information about breakfast following morning.

Superior room? Would have been better going for basic double nothing superior about it - premier Inn room with better decor - was nice and clean - not worth paying the extra for superior though.

Bar and resturant staff brilliant - young bar man/waiter polite, freindly, showed us to table for dinner - got us a table when meal finished. Food was amazing!

Atmosphere - relaxing nice dark lighting - great for a couple night. Very quiet no noise heard at all at night. Big car park.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!