“Excellent”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed 26 June 2014

In today's world of indifferent service and sloppy customer service, it is an absolute delight to stay at a Dakota hotel. I have stayed at both the Edinburgh and Glasgow hotels an found everything at both hotels to be of a very high standard. The staff are brilliant, all of them cheerful and extremely helpful and the food..... Awesome . I will now always choose to stay at a Dakota when I can, excellent hotels at a very reasonable price, well done guys!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Dakota Eurocentral

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here on Saturday 21st with my partner. Enjoyed it from start to finish, all staff were very helpful and friendly especially laura who kindly booked our stay for us. As it was my partners birthday theres was a nice little note in the room wishing him a happy birthday and later they put little chocolate covered strawberries in our room as a kind gesture, lovely touch. Hotel decor is beautiful rooms are spacious and clean. Food was great quality and tastes lovely. We booked a package which included an overnight stay with breakfast and a £20 meal allowance all for £130 great value for money i will be reccomending this hotel to friends and family & will be back in the near future for another over night stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When you feel like you need to get away from it all and completely switch-off, come here. It may look the most bizarre location to do this as it's just off the motorway and in an Industrial Estate, but don't let that put you off. Once inside, you feel you could be anywhere.
On arrival, we like to collapse into the huge soft sofa's with a drink and we immediately feel relaxed.
Service is spot-on and by a very friendly and immaculately turned-out staff. We must say a very-big thank-you to Ceri and everyone else who made us feel extremely welcome and thoroughly spoiled.
This is our third time at the 'Glasgow' Dakota and on each occasion we have stayed for dinner,bed and breakfast and all-in had no complaints.
Food is beautiful and if like me,you love a steak, I thoroughly recommend it here. Not cheap I know, but wonderful.
The rooms are more than perfect for a short stay and the beds very comfortable. Absolutely no issues in terms of outside noise preventing you having a good sleep.
We will most definitely be back and want to wish all those at the Dakota all the very best from two very satisfied customer's.

Room Tip: I don't think there's such a thing as a bad room from our experience.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent service from our check in to our check out! Decor outstanding! Meal gorgeous though wine overpriced. Only negative was the stained carpet in bedroom. Will definately recommend an overnight and will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2014
Ashia R, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Bertiepr

I was thrilled to read that you found the hotel décor outstanding.

The unfortunate issue with the stained carpet has been addressed and both our Maintenance and Housekeeping Managers have confirmed timelines for the replacement of carpets.

This oversight was unfortunate but inexcusable. I am so pleased that this has not dissuaded from returning or from recommending us.

We look forward to your return
Ashia

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the first time we have stayed at Dakota Glasgow , we have stayed in the Edinburgh 1 a few times , when your inside it feels like your in the same hotel , had a great time , we had a lovely meal but the breakfast was so bad i couldnt eat it , the bacon was like rubber as were the fried eggs, all in though we had a lovely night stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gkchildcare

Yes, they are rather similar and I am delighted that you had a great time.

My sincere apologies for the poor breakfast you were served, I wish we had the opportunity to address this at the time, nonetheless, this fell far short of excellent and was truly unacceptable.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly. At your leisure please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Kind regards
Ashia

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed over on business for one night.

The hotel is situated close to the M8 and ideal for access into Glasgow, there's ample free car parking.

From start to finish the level of customer service sets this hotel apart, everyone is pleasant, helpful and switched on.

The bedrooms are very comfortable and spacious, with a large desk and a number of chairs to relax upon. The bathroom is modern and the shower was powerfull and easy to use. There's free wifi in the bar area.

I have dined in the restauarnat and must say, the roast halibut main was excellent. Breakfast was also enjoyable.

The dakota is a trendy boutique hotel with very high standards and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Edinburgh Dakota many times. If you like it, you will be very happy with the Glasgow photocopy. I don't think I've ever visited another hotel where I have felt such a sense of dejavu before.

Like a black Lego brick towering off the M8, the Dakota Glasgow looks bizarre from outside. Inside its dark and intimate. Too dark for some I expect.

A big shout out to the ostrich leather lined lifts - surely the one thing missing from every normal lift.

Rooms are clean, slightly smaller than average size. No DVD player, mini bar or bath in mine. But they do have a couple of nice biscuits.

If you must stay off the M8, stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
The Alona Hotel
#4 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!