“An absolutly fantastic night.”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Glasgow
“An absolutly fantastic night.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in dakota we had booked the executive room however we got an upgrade to an executive suite as we were celebrating a special occasion. I have stayed in a standard room in Dakota I would definitely say all the rooms are wonderful. The staff could not be more helpful and friendly. We were so greatful to have been upgraded to the suite it was out standing. So relaxing. We will definetly be back and I would recommend the dakota hotel glasgow to any age group.

2 Thank Dannielle13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Scotland U.K.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have stayed at the Dakota on a couple of occasions and have always enjoyed the experience. However, Friday's overnight topped the lot. Only decided to have a night away at the last minute...just wanted a nice night to chill. Booked an executive room - wanted to compare to the standard room. The room was a little larger and the television was a 'smart tv'. Other than that there was not a great deal of difference. Mentioned this to staff and although we were in no way unhappy, their response was fantastic. Fiona (head of housekeeping) gave me a chance to visit all the different room types, which did show the different sizes. Throughout the 'tour' we chatted away and I was impressed by her friendliness. Anyway, with everything unpacked, we headed down to venture out, only to be met by Fiona at Reception. She had spoke to her manager and they had decided to move us to a suite!! It was superb....very large, comfortable sitting area....all the little extras you'd expect. Nearly made us want to stay in the room the whole time!
The rest of the stay continued the high standards that we've come to expect from Dakota. Staff all very attentive, good relaxed atmosphere and the food was, (as always), fantastic.
All in all - a 5 star stay. Special thanks to Fiona....the upgrade was great, but even more importantly, was that she was very friendly and appeared genuinely interested in us, (something you don't often experience on your travels).
Have already booked a night in August.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s2hort
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here 5th of July for our second anniversary. I emailed prior to let them know it was our anniversary. Quick to respond they updated our details and our dinner reservations in theirs Grill Restraunt. On arrival me and my girlfriend were happy to find our room was upgraded free of charge. Extra towels, dressing gowns, slippers, rose petals on bed, chocolate covered strawberries, cookies and a handwritten note. On arrival staff were amazing, efficient and professional. In the Restraunt same as staff in reception also took orders with no note pads and remembered everything and it's location on our table. At the end of our meal our waitress brought us a nicely decorated plate saying happy anniversary in chocolate with some treats. We then went to the cocktail bar where once again staff were very professional and polite gave us table service which was nice the atmosphere and decor throughout was sophisticated, tranquil, tasteful, relaxing yet elegant. So wouldn't have been out of place in any casual or very smart clothing. Room was very clean and tidy. Corridors smelled amazing and fresh. Check out was very fast and efficient. My and my girlfriends meals were perfect my steak was the best meat and the best peppercorn sauce I have ever tasted. No bad words to say at all if anything I'd like to thank the staff sincerely as they made me (dale) and Rebecca's stay and anniversary incredible. We will definently be back and have already been recommending to friends and family. Thank you DAKOTA staff.

1 Thank Dalehattie
Wishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have stayed a few times at this hotel, it's superb, one of my favourites. Rooms are really modern, food is excellent and the staff can't do enough for you. You would never know you were at the side of the M8! Lovely atmosphere in the bar and restaurant - v chilled but luxurious.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Edinburgh
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A large party of us stayed here the weekend of my daughters wedding ( I think we had sixteen rooms for family and friends) and it couldnt have been better! From the accomodation and staff to the food and drinks everything was perfect and I cant thank the hotel enough for their attention to detail and being so relaxed and friendly. This made the wedding even more special and a time never to be forgotton. As the church was in Shotts and the reception venue in Glasgow it was ideal for our needs as this lovely boutique hotel was situated half way between the two. Thanks Dakota Glasgow for making all our guests so welcome we couldnt have asked for more!

Room Tip: If you can afford it book a suite!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was in the area on business and stayed here for 2 nights in June. The location is great with good access to Glasgow.

The hotel appears to be fairly new and the rooms are well appointed, with lovely bathrooms. I like the storage areas behind the bed and that the rooms have an iron and ironing board included, great when you are on business and you need to iron your shirts quickly!

I just had breakfast on one morning, which offered a choice of cooked breakfasts or continental. I chose Eggs Benedict, which really was excellent.

The only thing I don't like is the darkness of reception and the dining area. It's obviously a design feature as I opened the blinds one day whilst working on my laptop, only to see them closed once I'd gone! Personally I prefer the light streaming in, and really don't know why it is so dark.

I had booked online through booking.com and the price represented good value. All in all, a good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pstodd2000
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this for me and my fiancé as it had been recommended to me from a friend, I had sent a few emails to Laura who was helpful and friendly :) when we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the receptionist. When we got to our room there was rose petals on the bed and chocolate strawberries too, and a wee personalised note which we both appreciated and thought was a lovely touch x. We were running a bit late and this wasn't a problem for reservation in the grill, the food was lovely however we did think the drinks menu was a bit misleading as we ordered a bottle of red which from the menu looked like it cos £14 something when Infact it was actually almost £25, we only noticed this when we sat in the bar after our meal and looked at the bar drinks menu, however we did speak to the bar staff and explained how misleading it was and he kindly Amended the bills for us. Our waitress, was really friendly and nothing was a problem. Very attentive. And constantly asking us if we needed anything. The bar was relaxing and chilled out, nice atmosphere. We went down for breakfast and were shown to a table, we both opted for the traditional breakfast which we were not very happy with, however we spoke to one of the managers (cerri) about this and she gave us a discounted bill so really we couldn't fault the hotel, any problems we had were resolved in a friendly professional manner. We will definitely be returning. All the staff were lovely but a gold star to our waitress.

• Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 95 in Glasgow
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Mondo Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coatbridge

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!