Dakota Eurocentral
Old Mill Hotel(Motherwell)
The Bentley Hotel(Motherwell)
The Alona Hotel(Motherwell)
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness parkcookiesthe grillsteakan industrial estateexecutive roomrose petalseggs benedictcooked to perfectionfriday nightmodern hotelbirthday treatfantastic hotelpublic areasreception areahigh standardrelaxed atmosphere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in dakota we had booked the executive room however we got an upgrade to an executive suite as we were celebrating a special occasion. I have stayed in a standard room in Dakota I would definitely say all the rooms are wonderful. The staff could not be more helpful and friendly. We were so greatful to have been upgraded to the suite it was out standing. So relaxing. We will definetly be back and I would recommend the dakota hotel glasgow to any age group.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Dannielle13
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have stayed at the Dakota on a couple of occasions and have always enjoyed the experience. However, Friday's overnight topped the lot. Only decided to have a night away at the last minute...just wanted a nice night to chill. Booked an executive room - wanted to compare to the standard room. The room was a little larger and the television was a 'smart tv'. Other than that there was not a great deal of difference. Mentioned this to staff and although we were in no way unhappy, their response was fantastic. Fiona (head of housekeeping) gave me a chance to visit all the different room types, which did show the different sizes. Throughout the 'tour' we chatted away and I was impressed by her friendliness. Anyway, with everything unpacked, we headed down to venture out, only to be met by Fiona at Reception. She had spoke to her manager and they had decided to move us to a suite!! It was superb....very large, comfortable sitting area....all the little extras you'd expect. Nearly made us want to stay in the room the whole time!
The rest of the stay continued the high standards that we've come to expect from Dakota. Staff all very attentive, good relaxed atmosphere and the food was, (as always), fantastic.
All in all - a 5 star stay. Special thanks to Fiona....the upgrade was great, but even more importantly, was that she was very friendly and appeared genuinely interested in us, (something you don't often experience on your travels).
Have already booked a night in August.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s2hort
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here 5th of July for our second anniversary. I emailed prior to let them know it was our anniversary. Quick to respond they updated our details and our dinner reservations in theirs Grill Restraunt. On arrival me and my girlfriend were happy to find our room was upgraded free of charge. Extra towels, dressing gowns, slippers, rose petals on bed, chocolate covered strawberries, cookies and a handwritten note. On arrival staff were amazing, efficient and professional. In the Restraunt same as staff in reception also took orders with no note pads and remembered everything and it's location on our table. At the end of our meal our waitress brought us a nicely decorated plate saying happy anniversary in chocolate with some treats. We then went to the cocktail bar where once again staff were very professional and polite gave us table service which was nice the atmosphere and decor throughout was sophisticated, tranquil, tasteful, relaxing yet elegant. So wouldn't have been out of place in any casual or very smart clothing. Room was very clean and tidy. Corridors smelled amazing and fresh. Check out was very fast and efficient. My and my girlfriends meals were perfect my steak was the best meat and the best peppercorn sauce I have ever tasted. No bad words to say at all if anything I'd like to thank the staff sincerely as they made me (dale) and Rebecca's stay and anniversary incredible. We will definently be back and have already been recommending to friends and family. Thank you DAKOTA staff.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dalehattie
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have stayed a few times at this hotel, it's superb, one of my favourites. Rooms are really modern, food is excellent and the staff can't do enough for you. You would never know you were at the side of the M8! Lovely atmosphere in the bar and restaurant - v chilled but luxurious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A large party of us stayed here the weekend of my daughters wedding ( I think we had sixteen rooms for family and friends) and it couldnt have been better! From the accomodation and staff to the food and drinks everything was perfect and I cant thank the hotel enough for their attention to detail and being so relaxed and friendly. This made the wedding even more special and a time never to be forgotton. As the church was in Shotts and the reception venue in Glasgow it was ideal for our needs as this lovely boutique hotel was situated half way between the two. Thanks Dakota Glasgow for making all our guests so welcome we couldnt have asked for more!

Room Tip: If you can afford it book a suite!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family