“Superb little cafe.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Hoy
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Cafe
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcoming cafe, open from 10am to 6pm daily. We also serve evening meals from 6.30Pm till 9pm Tuesday to Sunday. Only 5 minutes walk from the Moaness ferry terminal.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a super little cafe with good home cooked food. It's nice to go somewhere and get just good old fashioned food. I had lovely Leek and Tattie soup with a homemade sandwich and followed that with a Lemon and Poppy Seed Fairy Cake. Really friendly service and nice and clean, highly recommended stop if your in Hoy.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We came with a group ProNatura From Switzerland it was awesome very nice and delicious
Merci beaucoup

Reviewed 15 July 2014

A nice little cafe / restaurant ; very close to the North Hoy Ferry.

Very convenient for a drink / tea / cake whilst waiting for the boat.

The restaurant also offers a more formal menu, with fresh sea food available.

Staff friendly - and obviously used to working around the boats schedule.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our guide Kinlay from Orkney Uncovered booked us a table to eat here while on a private tour of Hoy. Firstly the location is quite amazing, right below the Hoy hills overlooking the sea.

We both ordered a light lunch of paninis and quiche with soup. Both of which were delicious and came with a lovely array of salad. The only thing we would ask is if the lady serving the food would speak up a little as she was very quiet and difficult to hear.

When we come back to Hiy we will stay at a B&B and eat here one night as the evening meals look great.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Firstly, this is not a review of the food, which I'm sure is lovely judging by other reviews - I just didn't have any.

I was on Hoy for a single afternoon, cycling over to the path to the Old Man. I saw the reviews of this place on TripAdvisor and thought it looked like a good option for dinner before the late ferry back on a Friday night, if I could get back there in time before they stopped serving at 9 (as advertised both online and on posters at the ferry pier). I wasn't sure if I'd make it back in time, so didn't book anything, but thought I'd do my best.

After an exhausting cycle, walk, and fast-as-I-could cycle back into the teeth of a bitter north wind, I managed to get back at 8.40. Unfortunately, I was told, I was too late and they couldn't serve me. Well, precisely, I was told that they probably *could* still give me food, but they had to prioritise finishing off the meals of the other people already there. (It was busy, but not full, with two tables free.) I would have been pathetically grateful for even a bowl of soup at this point, given how cold and exhausted I was, but no.

Had I known earlier that it wasn't worth racing back to try to get there while they were nominally still open, I'd have eaten my own food on the cliffside overlooking the Old Man. As it was, I ate it in the frigid ferry waiting room at Moanness Pier, feeling rather sorry for myself…

As I say, this review is not in any way a reflection on the food or other quality of the cafe, but a warning for anyone else thinking of just trying their luck when they pass.

2  Thank skittledog