“Great stop”
Review of Orkney Brewery

Orkney Brewery
Ranked #9 of 28 things to do in Stromness
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Made a stop for lunch at the brewery, enjoyed a taster paddle which included three 1/3 pint glasses of three of their draft beers. Recommend the Orkney cheese and chutney sandwich, best sandwich I've had in a long time.

1  Thank David C
There are newer reviews for Orkney Brewery

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our visit to the Orkney Brewery. The building in which the Visitor Centre is housed has been tastefully and loving converted from an old school.

The tour was very informative. We have been on many of the Distillery and Brewery Tours before but this is the first time I understood the process. This partly due to the Guide but also to the very large diagram explaining the process. My view is the Brewery should patent this and then sell the idea to other organisations.

We had a very nice sandwich in the restaurant and also had time to visit the shop. Well done Joyce and Team.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went to the orkney brewery actually for some food, as we had been advised that the food in the restaurant/pub was great. The real ales were really nice and they have taster paddles of three different beers that allow you tasting various styles. The food was good but the portions were minute. soup of the day was not impressive either. We thought it was not great value for money. The venue was very stylish throughout in an old school house and certainly would recommend it highly for a stop on the way!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

been here lots of times and will be going her some time this week as i am in orkney tomorrow and i all ways have to go to the brewery as i cant get some of the als in glasgow. and i have had my lunch here and its all ways the best food i have every had and very tasty food and i hope to have my lunch there when i visit some time this week. and the all staff are great in the shop cafe and the people how make a peace of orkney in a bottle keep up the good work

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I took this tour on my own as my wife didn't fancy it and stayed in the car. The tour was very reasonably priced at £6 and whilst it wasn't long, the price included 3 glasses of beer from a choice of most of the beers brewed there. The guide was very informative and also was happy to ask the brewers present when she wasn't sure about an answer. The beer itself is excellent although it's all a matter of personal taste of course. My own favourites were the wonderfully named Skullsplitter and Red MacGregor. Like every good tourist attraction, there was a gift shop at the end and this was no different. I came away with 8 bottles and look forward to recreating the Orkney experience at home!