“Eat well”

Julia's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Stromness
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grantown-on-Spey, United Kingdom
“Eat well”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Eat at this wee 'cafe' regularly. Don't be put off by the 'cafe' name, it serves better food than some of the hotel bar restaurants. The service can be a bit slow but that is because they are busy at peak times and there meals are prepared as they are ordered, not reheated/microwaved etc.
Good wholesome meals on their 'specials board' as well as a good selection from the standard menu + a good children's menu.
It isn't any more expensive than most other eateries these days

• Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We visited here for a quick cup of coffee . When it arrived it was good, coffee a bit too weak but the homebakes were tasty. The service was quite slow however and the staff not very friendly.

Visited June 2014
“Ignored”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Went in, asked at counter if I had to order at the counter or if it was waitress service and got pointed in the direction of a table. I took a seat and was still waiting to be served 15 minutes later so I left. I have used Julias on the past and found it to be adequate if somewhat expensive for what you get. They now obviously get so much business they can afford to ignore customers. I will not trouble them again.

1 Thank pashl
Crofton, Maryland
“The only place I went twice”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I had a tasty lunch here on the day we visited the Ness Battery near Stromness. We also popped in for a quick bite the morning we left the Orkneys on the Northlink ferry. It's a cheery little place across from the ferry terminal and they make a good chai latte.

Visited June 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Good coffee and apple pie”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We wandered round Stromness looking for a cafe that would take our dog and eventually a local said this one would allow us to sit out with him. Luckily it was sunny and dry (though windy of course!) so that wasn't much of a hardship (though it has an unlovely view of the ferry terminal). The coffee was excellent and I had to stop my partner having seconds of the apple pie. Friendly staff. Just a shame they won't let dogs inside when the weather is often not conducive to sitting around outdoors.

• Visited May 2014