“Fine food in the heart of stromness” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Stromness
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Stromness, United Kingdom
“Fine food in the heart of stromness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Having holidayed in Orkney for many years I was delighted to find this superb delicatessen tucked away in the lanes of Stromness.

I went in to buy a hot coffee to take away, this having been recommended by one of the locals. I was not disappointed, this was by far the best coffee I had come across on the island that week, or indeed in many years of visits. I was then further tempted by the display of olives and cheese, and the variety of both Orkney and Scottish produce stocked. Needless to say I walked out with a bag full of goodies which were made good use of in my self catering place that week

This gem of a place specialises in local produce, fresh and smoked fish, artisan cheeses, olives, oils, an amazing variety of herbs and spices, and of course its wonderful freshly ground coffee and teas. There is also a small art gallery displaying work by local artists. Alongside this, the proprietor, Gavin, offered great service; very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Whether you're after a great coffee, a foodie, or just looking for something a wee bit different, this place is not to be missed on a visit to Orkney. Thoroughly recommended and great to see. I will most definitely be back.

• Visited July 2013