“Expected great things.”

Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Stromness
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small family run business serving local produce.
essex
“Expected great things.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

nice restaurant but we thought maybe they were trying to be a bit too clever with the menu. My main course veggie dish was so sweet I couldn't finish it. It's a nice restaurant nothing special.

• Visited June 2014

Thundersley, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Ambiance was lovely and the food superb! My smoked mackerel appetizer was gorgeous, and the scallops I had for a main course were the best I've eaten -- and everyone at the table seemed equally pleased with their choices.

Visited May 2014
Perth, United Kingdom
“Best crab and lobster ever!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A party of fourteen helped me celebrate my birthday at the Hamnavoe during the Folk Festival. The food was excellent - I had the crab gratin for starters and lobster for main and they were both delicious. Between us all, we sampled most of the menu and had nothing but praise for the chefs. Been to lots of seafood restaurants 'doon sooth' and the Hamnavoe is every bit as good as its counterparts on the mainland and better than most. Sarah and her front of house team couldn't have been more helpful and efficient. Getting hungry just writing this review!

• Visited May 2014
ALLOA
“Tasty!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have travelled on the M.V Hamnavoe on many occasion,Normally from Scrabster to Stromness.
I have never ever been disappointed with the food on offer.
There is always plenty choice available,always a vegetarian option..The food is always piping hot and the service is quick with next to no time for waiting.
The prices don't hit your pocket either..I am very pleased with the meals on M.V Hamnavoe 10/10.

Visited May 2014
Antwerp
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Basing ourselves on Tripadvisor we went to this restaurant with high expectations.

All we found unfortunately was an average restaurant with average food and an uninterested staff. Maybe the lack of competition does not push this restaurant to higher grounds. This explains why many of the reviews state that it is the best or one of the best in the area.

Writing this review a couple of months after our visit I don't recall exactly anymore what we had but what I do recall was the staff (two younger persons) was more interested in each other than the customers.

The prices are reasonable but when you go there, don't expect too much.

• Visited June 2013