“Nice bar and restaurant”
Review of The Taversoe

The Taversoe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Rousay
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We dropped in here for a drink whilst we waited for the ferry back to mainland Orkney. It's a lovely, friendly place, with great views of the sea. We didn't eat, but the food looked good. The beer was excellent!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nothing was too much trouble, they were able to cater for customers dietary requirements, food was delicious. Coffee fragrant and plentiful!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I live and work in Orkney as a professional tour guide.

Whenever I take my guests to Rousay this is where we stop for a light lunch. Lovely homemade soup and the very best home baked cakes make this a firm favourite with our visitors.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Can't really think of a title. We've eaten here many times and are always blown away that we have so many options. We've even had several Christmas dinners here and they always cater to everyone's needs, vegans included. There are always several options for vegans on the menu and quite often we also get more rare vegan options such as vegan burgers, schnitzels etc rather than the more normal restaurant options such as chilli, pasta, Thai curries etc. All of the food I've had here has been amazing and a special mention has to be given to the home made soups. Not always vegan, but on many occasions they have been and I could live on these alone. They also offer desserts although I have to say they are far simpler and less drool worthy than the dairy choices which have somewhat a reputation with the locals. But hey, that is often an issue with veganism. The fact we have options is amazing enough and without making her own vegan ice cream not sure how they would compete with the Orkney fudge ice cream. A very friendly atmosphere, the are staff always lovely and the views looking over the Eynhallow sound to Orkney mainland are nearly impossible to beat. Also an amazing selection of malts. :D

I have eaten and drunk here with my partner, friends and family and also at varied times of day (barring breakfast).

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had a very rainy day on Rousay, and just stopped here for a cup of tea to get us out of the rain. We thought 1 teabag in a large pot for 2 people was a bit mean, but it was wet and warm, and got us out of the rain.