“A fabulous night!”

The Creel Restaurant with Rooms
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Table for 6 on a Tuesday night, they were already busy but fitted us in with no problems. Meal was excellent, as always, and the service was faultless. Three of us had 3 courses , fish was fresh on the day, mains Beef brisket was melt in the mouth! Lemon tart and marmalade ice cream with tweel , absolutely outstanding. The whole evening was fantastic, we were never rushed, and everyone was really nice. Everywhere is clean, and fresh, with a great atmosphere .
We recommend The Creel to everyone, if you are in Orkney, it's a must. Joyce and Alan Craigie have worked hard to make this place a success, and all the awards confirm it . Go.... Eat....... Enjoy !

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Booked for our final night of the holiday,very glad we did. It only offers a choice of two on each course,but that is fine when they are such a high standard. We had lamb starter,wonderful,with delicious accompaniments. I had the scallop and tusk? Fish main,excellent too. The others had the beef brisket and said a knife was unnecessary ....wonderful breads,,rhubarb dessert for those that could fit any more in,or shortbread with the coffee. It was great to be offered more breads and more coffee without having to ask,and very friendly staff.
The building and decor could do with a bit of updating,but better the food stays great!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A superb meal: thank you! To write more is superfluous, but I have to use a minimum of one hundred characters...

Reviewed 8 June 2014

£33 for 2 courses or £40 for 3 courses and only 2 starters/mains/sweets on the menu. It's not an attractive offer to a fussy eater. I understand that the menu changes on a daily basis, on the occasion I visited I had a crab starter and a scallop main course. Both were excellent and served slightly unusual in so far as the crab came with apple mayonnaise and the scallops were served with fennel and orange segments. I'd highly recommend this place to someone who trusts that the chef will send out a quality dish even if it does sound slightly unusual on the menu.

2  Thank M1987R
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Visited here on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was busy 5 tables and we were glad we'd booked. The restaurant sits on the harbour so sea views guaranteed. The staff are welcoming and friendly the menu is simple (two choices per course) but packed with local produce and perfectly cooked and presented. To start with the bread was to die for, wholemeal sourdough made on the premises - they were also happy to share the recipe with me. For starters I had the Ronaldsay mutton which was served rare with a real taste of the sea. For main I had brisket which was finished to perfection. The dessert was rhubarb and custard tart which again was simply perfect. Service was relaxed - we were not rushed, which was great - 5 stars from me