Breadalbane Arms
US$167
US$150
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Kenmore Club by Diamond Resorts(Kenmore)(Great Value!)
US$105
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$166
Dundarach Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$177
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2014

WE have been going for 5 years twice a year and the food is excellent and plentiful rooms very comfortable and staff are fantastic and cant do enough for us so much so we have booked for October the surrounding area has fantastic views and plenty of places to visit with Perth and Aviemore a handy distance

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was looking for somewhere to stay for one night while attending a course in Aberfeldy. I checked Trip Advisor and whilst this place got very mixed reviews the location suited.

I phoned for a price and was quoted £34.50 for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. I reckoned for one night at that price, how could I go wrong?

I arrived on the Saturday about 4pm to check in, and my first impressions were the reception looked a bit worn, but everything was clean and tidy. The receptionist was extremely friendly, polite and chatty (as were all staff I dealt with). Went to my room, again furnishings well worn, but again clean, comfortable and more than adequate for what I was looking for.

Went down to the dining room for my evening meal, good selection of food on the menu. Basic pub grub (gammon steak, lasagne, chicken, steak pie etc) which was fine by me. The food arrived - good portions, very well presented, freshly cooked, hot and very tasty.

As I was checking out early on the Sunday I decided to settle up on the Saturday and it turned out I would be checking out before breakfast would be served. So when the receptionist heard that she immediately offered me a packed lunch instead. How many hotels of a higher standard would do that? I thought that was a very nice touch/gesture.

The only downside to my stay was they had a karaoke disco in the Lounge Bar, which unfortunately was right below my room. Which made sleep impossible til it finished just after midnight.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years both on business and pleasure and whilst a lot of them have had better facilities/decor etc, this place was amongst the best on value for money as well as the attitude of the staff .

When I read some of the other reviews I have to say I reckon I got extremely good value for what I paid and any reviews/comparisons should be against establishments of a similar price/rating.

The acid test - if I needed somewhere to stay again in Aberfeldy, would I stay there again? Without a doubt. Would I recommend it to someone similar looking for a good value place to stay? Again yes. Though I might ask for/recommend a room not above the karaoke disco.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is only good for a meal. My 80 year old father paid for 5 rooms bbed , the place was empty but we were all on different floors. The rooms were small cold and dirty, the showers all needed regrouted. We paid to take two small dogs, they would not let them into the bar after meals were served so we drank in the black watch who were happy to have the dogs. At breakfast on our first morning at 9am they had run out of orange juice, my 80 year old dad had to go to the coopto buy it, no apologies from hotel. The hotel were happy to have a man in the bar who wore filthy orange overall our dogs had been bathed and were cleaner than him. We asked about bus service to Perth they couldn't help us! The whole hotel was freezing cold, the spring were through the mattress in my bed what a dump.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Booked 2 night stay here. Jill the manager is very welcoming and very helpful. The Breakfasts and evening meals were tasty and plentiful. The rooms were very clean. The entertainment on Friday night was Sea Bass Kid a fantastic band. Would definetly recommend them. On Saturday night Karaoke and Disco again a good fun night. The people from Aberfeldy are very friendly.

Thanks to Jill and all her staff for a Great Weekend. Will definetly be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corrinne C
gilmchugh, General Manager at Breadalbane Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. I will pass on your comments to our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were part of a large group staying jan21st. Hotel is indeed in need of upgrading and this has now begun however, at £79 for 2nights dinner bed and breakfast-what is there to complain about? The staff were superb, there was free entertainment for burns night and the food,was delicious and plentiful. The new management have big plans and I will definitly be back.Give it a go-you might even see the ghost! p.s do go to the restored Aberfeldy picture house. It's superb

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends