Moness Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Breadalbane Arms(Aberfeldy)
US$87
  • Bar/Lounge
The Weem Inn(Aberfeldy)
US$195
US$125
Travelodge Perth A9(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$61
Travelodge
Kenmore Hotel(Kenmore)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$111
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Kenmore Club by Diamond Resorts(Kenmore)(Great Value!)
US$223
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$186
US$173
4,029 results
All reviewsterrace barthe cottagesbedroom cottageduck pondgroupon dealself catering cottageswimming poolspa facilitiesshort breaksteam roomsuperior roommain restaurantlovely locationhot tubrelaxing breaknight staygreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice resort especially if you have young kids. Not a Spa resort . Pool is for kids and families.
Room was in the basement so no view but it was really clean and comfortable . We chose not to eat in the restaurant but found great places in Aberfeldy.
Breakfast was fab .... We nearly missed it on the second day but staff member Ged was amazing and so kind and helpful x
We had a happy stay x

Stayed: August 2014
MonessResort, Public Relations Manager at Moness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Moness Resort, its great you enjoyed your stay and graded it four star, I will be sure top pass on your feedback to Ged, thank you once again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just back from an overnight stay with my hubby to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Got Dinner bed and breakfast on groupon for £99 although we had to pay an extra £10 for a superior room as apparently that was all they had available. Things didn't start off well when they then took £20 instead which I noticed when I checked my online banking I made a call and this was quickly rectified. Check in was ok although we didn't get any info on the hotel facilities just directions 2 the room and you also need to pay £100 deposit if you want a charge card for the room. We were in room 8 and I must say the room was lovely and the big deep bath was great. The things that let it down were the small tv on the wall and no instructions on how to work it (I later found these in the drawer beside the hairdryer). Also 1st time in a hotel without a menu for the restaurant and no directory for the phone ie how to contact reception. We went back 2 the main building and asked at reception on how 2 work the tv to be given a leaflet full of hotel info. I asked for an ice bucket as we had brought champagne with us and was told to ask upstairs at the bar. When we did this they would only give us a pint glass which was unacceptable so I went back 2 reception and a young female with dark hair was very helpful and got this sorted. To be honest there isn't a nice bar area to sit and have a drink which let's it down and loses them money. We had our dinner in the restaurant as this was included in our deal and I was pleasantly surprised the meal was lovely the only exceptions being that my brioche wasn't toast for my pate and my hubby said there wasn't much mackerel in his starter. The big plus here was the excellent service and banter from James and Peter both doing a great job under what seemed to be short staffed circumstances. They both made the dinning experience enjoyable and are a credit to the hotel. The breakfast was the usual self service and was good. All in the location is lovely the food was great as was the room (mostly) service needs to be more polished and professional with the few exceptions I mentioned. Looked as though there were quite a lot of cottages and I would think these would be great for a family or active groups just maybe not suited for a romantic nite for a couple. All that being said it is good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Moness Resort and for leaving such a comprehensive review, all feedback is appreciated and used to improve the customer experience, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to James and peter, thank you once again

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked a one bedroom cottage through groupon for two nights in July. I was not looking forward to the trip after reading a lot of negative reviews. On arrival check in was quick as we were the only people checking in, 4pm is rather late for a check in and 10am for check out is far too early. We were asked if it was our first time at the resort and told where the restaurant and pool were. I asked when does the pool close and was told to read the sheet of paper I was to be given. Now fortunately I have no problem reading however perhaps not everybody is the same, so maybe answering the simple questions would be more helpful (Carol)? Anything strange thing was the room key is a number the signs for the cottages are numbered but when you get to the cottage they are all marked with a name? This is on the sheet of paper with all knowledge on it. The cottage itself was very clean and spacious; the bed was a little uncomfortable, but no big deal. The other thing I thought strange was you are charged for the use of electricity, 1st time I have come across this in a 4* accommodation. We never used the restaurant but it looked very nice. The pool area and bar was also very nice with prices being normal for accommodation. Overall we had a really good time and was very impressed with the site and will go back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AlfieandElla

Thank you for taking the time to review Moness Resort, its great to read that overall you had a really good time and that you were impressed with the site and that you will come back again, we hope you have the opportunity to do so soon, thank you once again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We got a 5 p.m. voucher deal for 2 nights B&B here with cream tea & free bottle of wine if we dined in the restaurant.
Initially the Sat Nav sent us to the wrong place, but once we found Moness Resort, it looked lovely.
Check in was ok, but staff obviously very stressed with high customer demand. I had to double check on everything that I'd booked & was included in the voucher deal as the receptionist wasn't forthcoming.
We had a superior room in the main hotel on the top floor. A lovely large room with a king size bed ( 2 beds out together ), seating area, tea/coffee facilities, plenty of wardrobe space & a lovely en suite bathroom. The en suite bathroom had Gilchrist & Soames Toiletries, separate shower & lovely large corner bath. Everything was clean, comfortable & well appointed. No air con, so glad we brought our own air cooling fan, as it was very hot even with all the windows open.
We went to the restaurant both evenings for dinner as there isn't much choice in Aberfeldy & the best choices that are there were fully booked.
We chose the set menu, 3 courses for £20.00. Starter of pork belly was very good. Main of duck leg was overdone, but well presented with a tasty jus. Dessert of lemon posset was over thick & very rich. Good wine selection for a reasonable price. Service was ok, but Peter & Karolina were head & shoulders above the rest. Second evening, the set menu hadn't changed, so we ordered a la carte. Salmon & prawn plate was ok, haggis Bon bons were tiny but delicious. Main of lamb was overdone, mushroom ravioli was delicious. I asked if I could have this with chicken. This was allowed by the chef. I was told a full breast if chicken had been added & I was charged £6.00 for the addition. Pretty shocking, even if it was delicious. We didn't have dessert. The whole meal with wine cost £61.00. Pretty expensive.
Unlike other reviews, we liked the restaurant. The room is lovely & currently set up so you can envisage your wedding or special occasion there.
We didn't like the bar/terrace upstairs, but would say this is more for families with children as the TV/snooker/soft play area is right next to it. We didn't have time for our cream tea unfortunately.
The swimming pool & changing rooms were a major disappointment. The swimming pool is very small & totally over taken with families who have children & their inflatables. The jacuzzi is small & was occupied by 3 ladies which filled it & took residence for some time. The hot tub was out of order. Even though there is an adults only swimming slot, this is when the restaurant is open at night & therefore totally useless.
The changing rooms are in major need of an overhaul & too small for purpose. Again packed with kids & parents. You couldn't move.
Moness resort is in a beautiful area of Scotland & we would say it is great for families with kids.
Not for a romantic weekend as we hoped.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank womenabroad

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review of Moness Resort, all feedback is appreciated and used constructively to improve the customer experience, I will be sure to pass your comments onto Peter and Karolina, thank you once again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We'd got a deal for 2 and were looking forward to it... a nice girly day.
We had lunch first.. A pretty decent selection on the menu as part of the deal, although when I asked about Gluten free they didn't have pasta or pizza bases.
The area where we ate was OK... More of a cafe set up, not as nice as other places that I've visited... Definitely not a restaurant!
The pool was a decent size, shallow but OK for swimming when it was quiet. The jacuzzi was out of action but the steam room was the hottest I've ever experienced! There was a water fountain but warm water... a water dispenser with paper cups or bottles provided on arrival would have been better.
The first half hour or so was lovely.. relaxing as planned... And then the pool filed with families.
I know the resort is a time share/holiday place but if spa deals on offer could there be quiet times in the pool or even a separate pool for children to splash in? They even came into the sauna and steam rooms despite there being an age limit on the signs. The noise was far from relaxing.
The spa treatments were lovely... Only one girl on today so we took it in turns. There was a choice of facial, back neck and shoulder massage, reflexology, Indian head massage or painting hands or feet.
Carrie was lovely and I had a very relaxing time.
The only negatives were the lack of a reception in the spa and somewhere nice to sit whilst waiting for or after a treatment... Just a corridor with two chairs.
Also the showers are like the ones at leisure centres where you have to push the button every few seconds for water flow. Adjustable flow and temperature much better for a 4 star establishment... plus shampoo conditioner and body wash in the showers and decent hairdryers and areas for make up etc.
Comparing it to other 4 star places the changing rooms etc fell short.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review Moness Resort and your spa experience, I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto Carrie and based on customer feedback we are currently building a new waiting area for our spa guests, thank you once again for all your feedback.