“Great place for lunch or coffee & cake”
Review of Karelia House

Karelia House
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Aberfeldy
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are a family run craft and coffee shop based in-between Aberfeldy and Kenmore. We have a large selection of Yarns, Quilting Fabrics, Brother Sewing Machines and accessories. Our Coffee Shop sells a lovely variety of Homemade Cakes and light lunches which are locally sourced. Last orders in our cafe are 3pm Monday to Saturday and our Winter Hours are as advertised.
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Visited here a few times during our week in Kenmore. The food is excellent and great value. The homemade soup and carrot cake are the best I've had in a long time. If you're in the area don't miss it.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Karelia House is a craft shop/gift shop,offering craft courses/workshops and an excellent cafe.
I'm not into sewing or knitting, but I am in to good food ,lovely cakes and delicious soups. So Karelia ticks all the boxes.
The food is all home made, we all had the soup and toasted sandwiches combo, all reasonably priced at £4.95. The soup was fantastic.
There was also an excellent choice of cakes , scones and biscuits.
On a cold March day the warm fire was very much appreciated and for those who are in to crafts this is the place for knitting, cross stitch, fabrics,wool, yarns .. they have it all !!!
It's near Aberfeldy www.kareliahouse.co.uk

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Karelia house is a restaurant a gift shop and a craft shop which also does craft workshops . I have just spent the most wonderful day doing a workshop with Kit and I can't wait for part 2 we were also served the most amazing lunch which we were unable to do justice too the soup is out of this world [and I make all my own soups].

Even if you don't do crafts this is worth a visit they have wonderful log burners in the show room [which they also sell ] on a cold day sitting on the settee with a lovely cup of there wonderful beverages and a home bake in front of one of these fires .BLISS .

1  Thank sviolette
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Arriving sodden after a drenching cycle ride, the people running the Coffee were exceedingly accommodating and friendly. Upon entering we were offered pride of place in front of the fire despite us giving the appearance of drowned rats.

The lunch was superb. Between us we had home made soup, panini and cake. The portions were generous and the quality was genuinely good and was home made.

This was our second visit. During our first, we had to chance to explore this eclectic coffee shop. They also sell a huge range of wools, woolen products and crafts. Some times craft wares sold in cafes are tat, however their range is genuinely superb. It appears that part of this business model is linked to crafts and craft classes. Most of the clientele appeared to be from the local population providing a vibrant atmosphere.

Be aware that they are not open on Sundays.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stopped here with my Grandparents during a return trip from Pitlochry. We were staying just along the road at The Kenmore Club so decided to pop in for afternoon tea. The last time we visited, it was just a shop, however Shirley has created a small cafe in part of the building and it was lovely.
We ordered some hot drinks, my gran had a plate of homemade soup, which was fabulous. I had a cheese and ham toastie which was served with a nice fresh salad and big portion of tasty coleslaw. My grandfather had a scone with homemade jam and cream, also delicious!
I think the first review on here was extremely unfair and completely disagree. The building is situated in a hollow, so the seats do look out to the car park, but beyond that are fields and there are clear views of the surrounding hills. A very nice, relaxing setting. There was plenty of reading material about the local area.
All the staff who were working that day were very friendly and chatty without being obtrusive. We have been holidaying in this area for over 20 years and have tried out most of the local cafes, this is by far the best and we look forward to returning on our next visit to the area. Keep up the good work!