“Great if you like trees”

Cluny House Gardens
Ranked #9 of 32 things to do in Aberfeldy
Yorkshire
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great if you like trees”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is not your normal country house gardens, more like a forest. However, it makes for a very pleasant couple of hours wandering around spotting red squirrels and manic pheasants.

Visited October 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Enjoyable hour”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Visited with 3 friends and had no problems finding our way around. Red squirrels a plenty one even running over my friends feet. Lovely colours of autumn starting to appear. Would visit again in spring.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Val T
Seascale
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Garden scarcely visitor-friendly”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The garden itself has great possibilities, but signposting of the circuit leaves everything to be desired. There are apparently 33 identified locations; I found none after number 5, and only one before it. The only signs were "No Admittance" on various gates. Take a compass, and if lost, look for a small gate on to the private road passed on the approach to the entrance.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Peter W
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Lovely setting and red squirrels!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I visited in August with my 7 year old daughter and 71 year old mother.
The sun was shining when we arrived so we sat on a bench by the lawn in front of the house and ate our picnic. Unfortunately there are no public toilets but luckily we saw the lady owner doing some weeding and she let me take my daughter into the house to use theirs.
We walked through the garden which was larger than I had expected. Lovely woodland which I'm sure must be even more amazing when all the rhodies and azaleas are in flower.
We saw a red squirrel quite close which was a highlight. Although the trail is numbered, we didn't find the guide mentioned by some other reviewers, so didn't come away as well-informed as we'd have liked.
There were well-priced plants for sale and also seeds - although as these the seeds were labelled in Latin with no pictures, we were at a bit of a loss!
Including our picnic I'd say we spent about 2 and a half hours in the gardens altogether.

Visited August 2013
Scotland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Red Squirrels - Yeah”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

A lovely woodland garden. Well sign posted throughout the trail and the best bit is the bird and squirrel feeders - the red squirrels are fairly tame and let you get quite close.

Visited August 2013