“Perfect Pizza”

Ranked #21 of 32 Restaurants in Aberfeldy
Cuisines: Pizza, Fast food, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Concentrating on fresh ingredients on a daily basis. Wood Fired Stoned baked pizzas in a authentic clay oven, built brick by brick. Our burgers and handmade and 100% Scottish. The grill section is more like BBQ technics.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Staying annually at the Moness Country Club we had always been disappointed with the local takeaways, not anymore. Not only was this the best pizza in Aberfeldy, it was probably the best pizza I've ever had. Fantastic food, fantastic service, just fantastic!

1  Thank Iain '

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staying nearby I thought I'd seek a local carryoot establishment ,so after a quick squint on this site I decided on pizza ! So after opening the door I was met with a really warm welcome and good crack from the main man plying the sole of the wood burning oven with the badboys ! And ordered the special through his fine lady! I returned to eat the meat treat with my wife in the car and we both agreed it was great value ,great flavour and a real winner to end our day!
You don't get better anywhere ! FACT! go on try it ! Good luck orange free state!This guy is setting the standard!

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We visited here because it was the No1 food place in Aberfeldy and we didn't fancy cooking after hill walking all day.

The lovely couple running the place were very welcoming and happy to chat while our pizzas cooked, which took just a few minutes in the awesome wood fired oven.

The pizzas and accompanying fries were perfectly cooked and really tasty, easily the best I've had outside Italy. The bases were lovely and crispy, there was plenty of cheese and the toppings worked well.

They're building a restaurant next door at the moment which looks to be great, hopefully it will be up and running by the time we come back to the area.

Overall, we were really impressed and I hope it continues to do well.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

On a recent weekend stay in Aberfeldy with my family, and after reading good reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to order pizza from the Good Food Takeaway. We ordered by telephone and were told that we could collect in 10 minutes - this should have set alarm bells ringing as surely you can't make a good pizza in a wood burning stove in 10 minutes! I was right - the bases were soggy, I couldn't see or taste the pizza sauce and there was lots and lots of cheese - way too much cheese. Very disappointing and wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank happyjam_11
GFT_13, Owner at Good Food Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We thank you for taking the time expressing your views on your recent visit. Although I don't need to make any excuses for what you describe as ....soggy base I merely would point to the following facts that could contribute to your experience. We proud our self and have done so from day one, every pizza is hand stretched and cook to order and entire process takes about 5 minutes. Once its placed in the wood burning oven, normally at 350 Celsius it take two minutes of cooking time. Facts we cant get held responsible for is the time of collections. All pizza bases are thin, therefore left resting in our hot pass oven longer than 15 minutes will of course have an effect on the base. On the back of your review we already looking on how we can improve our holding process. We look forward welcoming you back when you return to Aberfeldy.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Such a lovely caring considerate couple who despite being very busy maintain a very friendly thoughtful service and clearly enjoy meeting people. My advice is for those seeking very good quality food with a warm friendly welcome then go to Good Food Takeaway.

1  Thank mtollet