“Spa deal not as it seems” 1 of 5 bubbles

Moness Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Spa deal not as it seems”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I bought a spa deal as a birthday treat for a friend. Booking a suitable date was incredibly difficult and like another reviewer had to phone several times. I finally managed to book something (I thought) but when i called back to confirm I was told the appointments i had been given were no longer available.
The short version of this farce is: I spent £85 on a voucher for 2 spa treatments and 2 course lunch with prosecco for 2 to end up with no treatments and lunch in the appalling poolside cafe complete with tomato sauce on the table and the choice of about 2 menu items (denoted with an S on the menu).
The only saving grace was a lovely staff member in the poolside cafe, I think her name was Susan, who recognised our demeanour as being less than pleased and provided exceptional customer service in the face of it.
Everyone I dealt with was polite and professional but it does not change the fact I paid £85 for something I could have had at the local leisure centre. Thank god my friend has a sense of humour!

Ayrshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 day spa weekend with some friends, rooms very nice, spa treatments were good but pricey, we got to use the leisure facility's on the Friday which were nice , but come sat there were far to busy.
We had mix results with the food in the bar area , all the starters were poor , tasteless and the humus came and it was indelible, might have been good at hang up wallpaper , but the burgers and salad were fine. Drinks were reasonable priced as was our weekend deal but over all we had a great stay.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Andrea G
Dundee UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We have just completed a lovely stay at moness with friends over Hogmanay. Very pleased with our superior room which was comfortable and spacious. Our package included dinner and breakfast during our 3 day stay. All meals were excellent and the brunch on New Year's Day deserves a special mention given the range and quality of items on offer. We had contact with numerous members of staff over the period and found all to be friendly and very obliging. All were a credit to the establishment. Great coverage with the free wifi. Only negative is the set up for tv. Too much hassle to operate and screen size too small for such a big room. Overall a very pleasant and relaxing experience and we look forward to returning at some time.

Visited December 2013
Glasgow
“Self catering accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The cottage offer was purchased via Groupon at a discounted price. The cottage was fantastic, the only downside was the location of the heaters...near doors and under the windows. Yes, may not be an issue but with temperatures at minus 5, you would prefer they were located elsewhere.

Bar that, the resort was lovely. Will visit again.

Aberfeldy, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Feeling great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Had a back massage at Moness Spa this afternoon. The therapist was very friendly & made me feel very relaxed & comfortable. The massage was fantastic & left me feeling like a weight had been lifted off my very tense shoulders!! Would highly recommend & will be telling all my family & friends. Definitely will going back on a regular basis :)

Visited November 2013