“Fine/alright”

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine/alright”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We bought a groupon deal for use of the spa , which allowed us two treatments and lunch. I would say the experience could only be described as fine/alright. There was nothing wrong with it, just the little things weren't right. I wanted to confirm the booking before hand and the customer service I received over the phone wasn't great. Once at the spa itself we weren't given slippers/flipflops (weren't told to bring any) so had to walk around barefoot all day. The treatment rooms were quite cold sadly. The actual treatments themselves were good though. We presumed that the spa pool was for spa users, however it was just the resorts pool so there was a lot of kids splashing about. Normally not an issue but when you're trying to relax at a spa it's not ideal. Lunch again was ok, very limited choice due to our spa package and drinks weren't included to our surprise. Customer service in the bar however was very good.
As we were there on a groupon deal we weren't disappointed, but if we had paid full price that would be a very different story.

Visited August 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awful Customer Service!!! ”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Cottage and grounds were lovely however, when we arrived we had no hot water, we were told to leave it a few hours to heat up... Still no hot water. The RECEPTIONIST then appears with a tool bag to 'fix' it... To no avail... The next morning a handyman appears, advises us to either use communal showers at the pool to get washed, or give us the key to another cottage to run back and forth from to shower?! We opted for the latter. As they use old immersion boilers by the time the 7th member of our group had a shower it was ICE cold!!! We were running between cottages soaking and in bath robes for everyone to see. We also had to stay in the cottage til half 12 in the afternoon on our 1st full day in Aberfeldy so they could drain the boiler. A hose had to be run out the front door for this, which meant the door had to stay open and we were told to stay til it was done...

We then receive a phone call to say we had not paid for milkshakes we bought the previous day... The bill HAD been paid, and after explaining who we paid it too, and by which method and telling them what exact time it was paid they STILL insisted it was not paid!!

Day 3 of our 4 day stay was the first we were able to shower in our own cottage. We still had the key of the other cottage till we left for home even though we had seen other people go into the cottage... Very, Very unprofessional.

Upon leaving we discussed our awful stay with the receptionist... Instead of calling a manager to discuss it further the barman appeared to claim AGAIN that we had not paid for milkshakes!! The incompetent staff member at the bar must've either given us the wrong bill to pay, or pocketed the money as we once again gave times, method AND price we had paid!!

We were given £4.17 back in electricity for the boiler not working.

Utterly disgusted with this resort and would advise to avoid at all costs. Plenty of other places to stay in Aberfeldy where you most likely will not be accused of stealing drinks and be able to have a shower in the comfort of your own cottage, and perhaps the staff would be a bit more helpful.

4 Thank claire w
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A great weekend many more to come”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My experience of the Moness resort was very different to many of the reviewers here.
My wife and I booked amazon local spa deal and the Itison deal for the resort itself and had an amazing time.
We had the cottage called Katrine and were very pleased at how clean and spacious it was. We did have a hard time getting an appointment at the spa but it was well worth it as both staff working were very pleasant and great st their jobs. The staff were all great and I felt that no problem couldn't be fixed we had our spa treatments at 4 and the spa lunch deal only ran till 4pm but they honoured the voucher the next day. The menu items were good and the quality of the food was great. The pool area was very clean and my only complaint is the lack of a gym but that by no means put any dampener on our weekend. We will definitely be back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Torgi S
Culross, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not the way to treat a paying customer”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My sister in law was nice enough to purchase a spa day for me. I care for her brother (my husband) as he has been disabled for the last several months. So I was touched, and thrilled at the prospects of spending some time away. When I called to make the appointment, they had no weekends available for booking. My sister in law had paid a special price and the appointment had a deadline. So I booked for a Friday afternoon just before the expiry. So on the day of my appointment I received a call from the spa. They were calling to find out where I was. They could tell how upset I was, as I had been completely snowed under with work and had forgotten about my spa day. They laughed when they realized I was still at work and they wouldn't have to perform the service that had already been paid for on my behalf. I thanked them for calling, and that was that. It was my fault of course for missing the appointment. But I will have to say, the way they handled this situation is not going to impress anyone or guarantee good will. I've been enjoying spa treatments for more than 30 years and have experienced many of the best spas around the world. I believe most of them would have sympathized and would have offered me a makeup appointment.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank BetterISBest
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Avoid”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We came here for a girls spa day. Very disappointed the spa needs updating and was very dated. The layout of the treatment area was awful very small and cramped. Plus the food was horrendous you would find better food in a local weather spoons. Personally I wont be coming back here and Def not reccomme ding it to family and friends.

3 Thank Lynda P