“A Perfect B&B”

and 1 more site!
Coshieville House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 19 Aberfeldy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A perfect inexpensive B&B in a wonderful location in central Perthshire set in breathtaking scenery, comfortable accommodation, gorgeous breakfasts and a warm and friendly welcome. Now even better than when I stayed there a few years ago (with added free wifi for those who need it) it is a lovely tranquil retreat and an ideal base for sightseeing, fishing, shooting, cycling, painting, trekking or whatever you want to do. Great value and very highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are only six rooms. All are comfortable . Speak to the proprietors Kathy or Ian to make your c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We spent two days here over Easter. Top grade for the welcome, the room & the cooking! I couldn't honestly find a single fault. We'll go back when we get the chance. This is a peaceful, beautiful place, but easy to get to & from. Lots to see & do in the area (particular mention for the Crannog Centre, best museum type facility I've seen for many years)

Room Tip: I have slight mobility problems (we were actually in the area to pick up an off-road scooter) &...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
coshieville, Owner at Coshieville House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Many thanks for your kind words.
We look forwward to seeing you again in the future.
Ian & Kathy

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We booked fairly late so Coshieville was not our first choice of location. However you sometimes get very lucky, and we were very pleased with our stay. The room was very comfortable, with a huge bed and adequate if smallish en-suite. A nice touch were the slices of fresh fruit cake waiting in our room on arrival. We had a dog, and although we had a separate entrance, this seemed entirely reasonable as the Coshieville was very clean. The dining area was bright, clean and spacious, and the breakfast was excellent. I had the porridge followed by scrambled egg with Scottish salmon and my partner had poached eggs. Plenty of fresh fruit was available, and we were offered more toast which is always nice. At £70 it was excellent value. We intend to go back at some point.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had 2 excellent nights at Coshieville and can thoroughly recommend staying there. Very nice and comfortable room with en-suite shower, comfortable double bed, with all facilities, and plenty warm enough. Tea/coffee making, easy to log on WiFi, and Tv. I was out on the hill both days and got just about soaked on my first day, no problem to Kath, all was nice and dry for my next days outing including leather boots. Plenty of wonderful Scottish countryside to visit, I took a back road via Loch Tummel up to Bruar which I can thoroughly recommend, even better, House of Bruar had a really good sale on!! Breakfast was a mix of buffet and cooked to order, excellent quality, and covered all tasts.

Room Tip: I am sure they will all be very fine!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Four of us stayed for two nights and absolutely loved it. Lovely location, friendly welcome and very comfortable rooms and beds. My partner and I stayed in room 5 and the bed was just lovely. So much detail paid to everything, which we really appreciated. Couldn't ask for more from breakfast and I was impressed that they offered vegetarian sausages. The guest kitchen was very useful. We enjoyed the guest living room on the ground floor and the lovely fire, which was thoughtfully lit for us. I can't wait to go back again. Lovely relaxing stay!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are nice, but my partner and I were in room 5 and really loved it - very comfo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Beautiful location and building, lovely big lounge with a fireplace, lots of games, lots of information on the local area. Our double bedroom had one of the most comfortable beds in history and was huge and very well presented. We had a big balcony with a table and chair overlooking the hills. En suite bathroom very clean and nice hot shower. The breakfast was better than most hotels - huge fruit platter, lots of different juices and yoghurts, a cooked breakfast to die for, and every condiment you could wish. Extremely good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenmada
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend, both in our mid to late 20s, stayed here for one night on our tour around Scotland. With a postcode the B&B was easy to find and there was plenty of parking. We were welcomed by Cathy who showed us to our room and gave us a fantastic tip for dinner (the courtyard in Kenmore). We were impressed by our double ensuite room, it was beautifully decorated, clean and had the added bonus of tv and tea making facilities! The bed was ridiculously comfortable, we had trouble getting up for breakfast in the morning. Fortunately we did, as the food was delicious! A vast choice, which included the usual fryup but add to this fresh fruit, porridge, smoked salmon and eggs amongst others, we were full until dinner!! In short however I would happily recommend this for a nights stay or longer.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberfeldy
Kenmore Hotel
#3 of 4 in Aberfeldy
The Townhouse Aberfeldy
The Townhouse Aberfeldy
#1 of 19 in Aberfeldy

Been to Coshieville House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!