“absolutely worth a visit”

Restaurant at Ailean Chraggan
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Aberfeldy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Switzerland
“absolutely worth a visit”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

it was recommended to us by the barkeeper of a pub in Aberfeldy. And it was absolutely worth it. After a very nice welcome we enjoyed a very good dinner by the window with a nice view. One could also sit outside under a roof. Secret tip :)

2 Thank BEE239

Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I visited this restaurant three times in a week when on a golfing break in the area. I was impressed with the menu. The food was well prepared and very tasty. They concentrate a lot on fish dishes. The staff are friendly . Well worth a visit.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Ludders_11
Tielt
“Unexpected excellent cuisine .”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had dinner twice at Ailean Chraggan during our stay in Aberfeldy. , On both occasions we were very pleased with the food and a friendly staff.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Luc C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Decided to take a drive and find somewhere for a meal with the family. Came across Ailean Chraggan on the way to Aberfeldy, thought we would give it a try. The menu was perfect for all of us. I was very tempted by the seafood platter which looked outstanding. I ended up having the fresh breaded haddock which was just superb. All the food is home baked, even the childrens menu which included home cooked Pizza and own recipe sausages. This really was a great find. The boys were happy to meet new pals at the swings and slide whilst their tea was prepared. Really couldn't fault the service the quality of the food the portion sizes or the price, to top it off we sat outside in a courtyard area with stunning views.......we will be back. Well done Ailean Chraggon,

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank SSpolitician1941
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fresh, hot & delicious food”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visited this restaurant just recently on a wee day away from Edinburgh with my girlfriend. We were recommended it by the local B&B we were staying at and I am so glad that we decided to go!

The staff were very polite and friendly, nothing seemed like too much hassle for them. They were very efficient and kind.

The building has an outside seating area (beware of midges & flies during the summer as to be expected of all outdoor areas in Northern Scotland) which offers a lovely view of the local countryside. I'd recommend sitting inside but close to the door during late evening in the summer to save you from the midges mind you. The tables were very clean, seats were comfortable and the toilets were very clean too (it's always worth mentioning I guess).

Now for the important bit - the food.

I cannot stress enough how tasty and rich the food was. It was so fresh, hot and perfect that I could have ate until I exploded. I had the home made soup for starters and the fish, chips & peas for my main. The fish was so fresh I swear it had been caught either that morning or the night before it was so good. The soup was very tasty and the bread complimented it well. I was truly in awe of how perfect the food was and I am craving more now I'm thinking of it!

Everyone around us seemed to be smiling & enjoying their meals too so I guess it was brilliant for everyone! If you are ever visiting the area, please give this restaurant a visit - you will definitely not regret it! This is surely one of, if not the best in the area.

5/5