We're members so have a vested interest in being honest! Our lodge this year was the upside down version - making the most of balcony views. We do prefer the normal configuration and like sleeping upstairs as you can open the blinds in the morning and enjoy views without being spied upon! If you're not a bird lover, don't put food out but this perhaps the balcony is the only area where cleanliness is an issue - we didn't fancy eating out on a table marked by our feathered friends and there were no table or seat covers that would have done the job! (Note to self - let CLC know as they are usually very receptive to positive suggestions)
The watchful eye of George in the restaurant and bar and his friendly manner - and knowledge on all matters whisky! - was again appreciated. The restaurant has improved from last year and we returned for a second evening meal enjoying our selection as much as the first night.
We look forward to our next year's visit and hope that August midges don't prove too troublesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duchally Country Estate is set in prime Perthshire parkland near to Gleneagles and is the ideal base for a holiday in Scotland. Duchally Country Estate, while secluded, is perfect for short breaks and overnight stops in the Country House Hotel or a full Scottish holiday in luxury lodge accommodation that is conveniently located for easy access to Edinburgh, Glasgow and the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your CLC Duchally Country Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clc Duchally Country Estate Hotel Auchterarder
- Duchally Country Estate Auchterarder
- CLC Duchally Country Estate Auchterarder, Scotland