The lodges at Duchally Country Estate are to a very high standard and they are modern and tastefully decorated, we could still smell the paint! This was the only criticism I would have as I would struggle to fault this place in any way. We stayed in a 3 bedroom lodge which had everything in it that we needed, it was especially exciting for our 3 year old who loved feeding the birds and watching them eat on the patio. Feeding the ducks and watching the rabbits, especially the baby ones, was most enjoyable too and there was plenty of space outside to run about and have lots of fun. The leisure centre pool was another great part of our stay as we pretty much had it all to ourselves most days. All the staff were very friendly and helpful although we didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on the food, though I would say avoid the hotel take-away option as most of our food went in the bin! I notice most of the reviews have commented on the check out time which at 10.00 am is very early as the cleaner was actually waiting at our door at 9.55am! This was not an issue for us as we are always very early risers but it would be good if late check-out times could be included as an option, at an extra cost if required, as I'm sure most people would be happy to pay for this and I tried to leave my lodge as spotless as when I arrived thus reducing cleaners time and we only used one bedroom/bathroom though I can appreciate this would not normally be the case.
We did not receive a 'welcome pack' but we only stayed here for two days so perhaps this is only provided if you stay longer. I should also mention this is a great base for surrounding areas such as Perth and Stirling as they are a short journey away and Gleneagles is very close as is Auchterarder which has everything you need, shops, restaurants, take-aways, pharmacies, etc.
This is a perfect place to stay and thanks for a great break, we will definitely be back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duchally Country Estate is set in prime Perthshire parkland near to Gleneagles and is the ideal base for a holiday in Scotland. Duchally Country Estate, while secluded, is perfect for short breaks and overnight stops in the Country House Hotel or a full Scottish holiday in luxury lodge accommodation that is conveniently located for easy access to Edinburgh, Glasgow and the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotelopia so you can book your Duchally Country Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clc Duchally Country Estate Hotel Auchterarder
- Duchally Country Estate Auchterarder, Scotland