“Great Food and Accomodation”
Review of Glendevon Hotel

Glendevon Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Auchterarder B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights en-route to visiting family in Ayrshire, Staff very friendly, food great with a good menu choice at very reasonable prices, room were comfortable and clean. Could'nt ask for better at the price. Well worth a visit. Booked for the return journey from Ayrshire.

Room Tip: Great location if your going to Gleneagles, Perth or even Stirling and Glasgow
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will S

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped of in Auchterarder for a bite to eat. We went into the Glendevon. We were warmly welcomed and treated well , the food was very good and the service was great I enjoyed my visit thoroughly and I am sure to return.,nothing negative to report 10/10

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank commet2
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stopped on off chance of getting a room when driving through. Comfortable room,friendly professional staff, and a lovely meal had. Was worried after reading some of the other comments after arriving,all unfounded. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Although I visited the hotel for an evening in the pub with friends I saw enough to suggest it would be an interesting retreat especially if golfing at Gleneagles (Ryder Cup)
The place was heaving and the restaurant full Always a good sign

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank philipsmith
Reviewed 8 June 2014

On approach the hotel is bright with a welcoming entrance and reception. The large glass built area is the eating lounge which is immaculate and warm. The food was freshly prepared to order and delivered to the table within a reasonable time. Restrooms are beautiful slate floor and freshly kept. We were impressed with what we saw and definitely will be making a point to return. Our waitress was very pleasant and recommended a beer to try as we are not from Scotland. The first I have ever tried "best" beer and a steak pie. My evening in this establishment will always be remembered.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The recently refurbished hotel has been done with attention to detail .The staff were welcoming and went out of their way to help me with my mother who suffers from Parkinsons. This was one of the few places I have stayed in a long time that I could fully relax and feel that both myself and my mother were well looked after. We enjoyed sitting in the sun in the beer garden which was tidy and quiet . The rooms were clean and comfortable as was the rest of the hotel.I have read some of the other reviews and feel that they are unfair comment. I never normally put up a review and I do go on a lot of short stays in various places around Scotland. If there were any substance to some of the poor comments in the past then I can only say that whether under new management or not ,I do not know as this is my first visit ,that The Glendevon Hotel is now a clean, friendly hotel with a good choice of home cooked food and well priced accordingly.Going back in August!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have recently stayed at this hotel and have to say previous reviews are untrue. Myself and my partner arrived late to check in and we needed something to eat. We knew food service finished at 9pm however the chef offered to cook us a meal. We order our meal then were taken up to our very clean comfortable room. On returning back to the lounge our meals arrived and I must say it was ALL of excellent quality and extremely delicious. We had a pleasant nights sleep followed by a hot cooked full breakfast the following morning. This hotel is well worth a stay at and worth every penny spent. Lovely staff and comfortable surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auchterarder
CLC Duchally Country Estate
Smiddy Haugh Hotel
Smiddy Haugh Hotel
#1 of 1 in Aberuthven
Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort

Been to Glendevon Hotel? Share your experiences!