Gleneagles
US$127
Official Site
Travelodge
3,838 results
All reviewsandrew fairliestrathearn restaurantafternoon teaamerican barbraid housedormy houseclay pigeon shootingryder cupoff road drivingmain barplay golffirst classmoment you arrivefive star hotelround of golfsmoked salmontennis courts
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I took my husband to Gleneagles in April 2012 as a surprise for his birthday. From start to finish, we just had a fantastic trip. We enjoyed a number of the resort facilities including Pitch & Putt, lunch at the Dormy Clubhouse (fantastic tasty food and we had fun watching the chef make freshly made pitta bread in the clay ovens), an afternoon in the pool area and a walk around the grounds while the sun was shining! The key for my husband's trip was dinner at Andrew Fairlie and it was well worth the wait - every dish was unbelievable and can see exactly why it gets its 2 Michelin Stars :-) On the Sunday, we had breakfast - lots of choice, but only problem we had was the waiter getting our tea order wrong (twice! which was totally unlike the rest of our experience here). To finish the day and weekend off we had a full body massage each and it was so luxurious... an absolutely perfect and relaxing finish to our fabulous weekend! We just booked a classic room which was clean, well decorated and more than adequate for all the time we spent in it. Yes it was an expensive trip, but we will definitely save up and come back for another special occasion.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
TheGleneaglesHotel, Front Office Manager at Gleneagles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences of Gleneagles - and your photos!

I'm delighted that you chose to spend your husband's birthday with us, and pleased to read that you had a lovely stay and were able to make the most of the hotel's facilities. I'm so glad you were able to dine in Andrew Fairlie's - I agree, the food is wonderful, and a great atmosphere too.

I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team, and I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

we arrived on a glorius saturday and this showed the highlands and the hotel at its very best.The whole staff were friendly and so helpful this is the differnce between good and the best hotels, which this certainly is .The rooms are very spacious and luxorious but don't expect it to be ultra modern and the little touches make a stay, a stay to remember.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post this review, I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm afraid we can't take any credit for the weather, but I'm glad it was glorious - and hope you were able to get outside and explore the beautiful grounds while you were here.

I hope we will be welcoming you back to Gleneagles soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Well I guess we are lucky enough to go here at least once a year as we are Glenmore owners so we have a week each November to revel in the loveliness that is gleneagles. Over the years we have grown to love everything about this place so we are probably biased!!! We have seen the hotel come back to life over the past 5 years in particular and we put that down to extra revenue that glenmore has brought. It gives trade to the hotel even on off season mid week nights which is great. The golf is fantastic. Our fave restaurant is the Emporium side of Deseo which is the quiet area. We always order whatever we like in terms of seafood and meats and the team never let us down even though it's not on the menu! A lobster and huge piece of fillet after a winters day round the queens course is the perfect way to end the day! Last year the clubhouse was revamped and it is pretty cool and modern now with very good food to be had and the Dubai-es que smoking area is fun! It's a fan static haven in the hills and we have the weeks counted until our next visit in November! What I would say is if you are going to moan about price then dont come here as its about the experience and if you want to check your bank balance it's not a place for you!!

Room Tip: The spa is excellent and I particularly like that you can buy 'time' and decide with the therapist what you feel like having when you get there!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Many, many thanks for taking the time to post a review of Gleneagles - always good to hear from our Glenmor owners!

I'm glad you continue to enjoy and look forward to your time at Gleneagles, and are pleased with the recent changes - I agree, it's been an exciting couple of years (and the excitement will only continue as we count down to the Ryder Cup in 2014).

I will be sure to pass on your praise to the Deseo team - I'm not sure whether the new menu was launched in time for your stay but, if not, you are in for a treat on your next visit!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were disappointed with our stay. The service was poor and the common areas were not very well maintained. The activity center offered some great experiences such as falconery and clay shooting, but the overall feeling of the hotel was not warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay in old building
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Abby M

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, I am concerned about your comments in regards to poor service and the upkeep of the common areas which were not up to your standards. I am however pleased that you enjoyed some the activities that we have to offer at Gleneagles.

We would very much like to hear more from you in regards to your experience as this is certainly not what we are renowned for, please free to contact me on mike.swadzba at gleneagles.com.

Once again my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Expensive and not easy to get to but when you do reach this hot bed of luxury its well worth it
Food is great and the rooms are very comfy. Lovely relaxing grounds to stroll in. I wish we had the chance to stay a bit longer and really explore the surrounding countryside

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 377AlanM

Dear Guest,

Thanks for this kind review - I especially like the phrase 'Hot bed of luxury'!

I hope we're able to welcome you back for a longer stay soon.