4,052 results
All reviewsandrew fairliestrathearn restaurantafternoon teaamerican barbraid houseryder cupclay pigeon shootingdormy houseoff road drivingmain barfirst classplay golffive star hotelmoment you arriveround of golftennis courtssmoked salmon
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Had a great stay and as other reviewers have said it is a fabulous hotel - lovely setting, great staff, great facilities, and it was decorated fantastically for Xmas. But it is pretty expensive and I think for the price (we paid £350 per room per night) your expectations are high and for us the hotel did not quite live up to them. It was very busy and we had to queue to check-in, to check-out, and to get a seat at breakfast, and we waited 25 minutes for a drink in the bar. The pool area was nice, but the steam room wasn't working and the heating in the pools was not working properly. All these things are not big deals, but like I said, when you pay a lot of money you expect everything to be perfect and it wasn't.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JakeBanchory
TheGleneaglesHotel, Front Office Manager at Gleneagles, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments about the staff, facilities, Christmas decorations and the hotel in general. I am, however, concerned that the we did not live up to your expectations for some aspects of your stay - the pre-Christmas period is very popular here at Gleneagles, however this should have not lead to the service flaws you experienced. I can assure you that all the points you have raised are currently under review by the relevant department heads as it is certainly not what Gleneagles is all about.

I would be glad to discuss your experiences further if you wish - I can be reached on guest.relations@gleneagles.com

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed on Friday night for a Take That Xmas tribute night, great night and wonderful meal, breakfast also superb as always, many thanks to all the management and staff at Gleneagles for another magical stay.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the kind feedback - glad you enjoyed! It was a fantastic evening, and there was a great atmosphere around the hotel.

Hope we'll be welcoming you back soon!

Best wishes,

Mike Swadzba,

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Although I was staying nearby I did visit Gleneagles Hotel a few days during the week and each time I visited it just got better and better. I was a bit worried about walking in wearing my walking boots, jacket, hat and gloves due to the cold weather, but the staff were equally as helpful and pleasant if I'd arrived in a Rolls Royce ! Not once was I made to feel uncomfortable. As a browsed through the various shops, the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, engaging in conversation and tending to my needs when I chose gifts from the Molton Brown range. The lady who served me (Lorna) was extremely helpful, offering that if the fragrance of the gift wasn't suitable, I could have it exchanged for another. I had coffee in the clubhouse and again, a very warm welcome awaited. I found the hotel facinating to walk through - it's a beautiful building and exquisite gardens and landscapes. The staff at the falcon area were keen to explain what they do and again, so pleasant and not shy of having a conversation. I would most definitely visit the hotel again, be it to stay or simply to shop and have coffee. Thank you Lorna and all at Gleneagles.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank WEEROSIE

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for you kind comments - I am glad you enjoyed your first trip to Gleneagles! You picked a great time of year, we're feeling very festive at the moment and there is a lovely atmosphere around the resort.

I hope we can welcome you back to Gleneagles soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 December 2012

What can I tell you? If you enjoy great food and wonderful service in luxurious surroundings, this is one of THE places to stay. We've stayed in many 5 star hotels over the years in the UK, Asia and the US but this is the one we keep coming back to (for over 20 years) and we love it. It provides an opportunity for us a family to spend time just relaxing together.The leisure facilities are all world class (my wife won't go to any other spa). Add in the fantastic scenery and the peace and tranquility and you get a place which we see as special. Having said that, we've always stayed during school term (even when our children were at school) and so avoided those parents who expect everyone else to put up with their children regardless as to how they behave. Expensive? Yes, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tenaus

Dear Guest,

Sincere thanks for this lovely review - I'm delighted that Gleneagles continues to live up to your expectations, and will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the service and the spa to the rest of the team. It is fantastic to hear such positive feedback from regular guests, and I hope you will continue to enjoy Gleneagles for many more years to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

One for the bucket list and well worth a visit. The spa is great - one of the best we have experienced and the outdoor hot pool is a treat. We are not golfers so cannot comment. The Andrew Fairlie restaurant was wonderful. Gleneagles is definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for adding us to your 'bucket list' - I'm delighted that you had a great time at Gleneagles! The spa is wonderful, especially in the winter months - a real haven.

I hope we'll be able to welcome you back soon.