From the moment we pulled up in our car the service was incredibly slick. Our bags were taken out and the car drive off to be parked within minutes. We were walked to the reception desk and then the receptionist walked us to our room and showed us all the features. Room was in the new block, extremely spacious, beautifully presented and with a private patio overlooking the putting green. Ate in Deseo - food very good and all the staff were charming. Had coffee in the main bar - again greeted at the door, taken to a table and served within minutes. Had a manicure at the beauty salon which was excellent. Shopped in the arcade and in particular the ladies at the Dunhill outlet were mazing and friendly. Needless to say my husband ended up buying a jacket! Went shooting in the most horrendous weather and completely ill dressed for the event but not a problem as the shooting school had a plethora of jackets and wellies for our use. Ate in Andrew Fairlie restaurant - outstanding and worth a visit without a doubt. Breakfast was a pleasant affair also with a super buffet and very pleasant dining room. Gleneagles is truly an international five star establishment and you get what you pay for. Slick and efficient but with a real charm and friendliness thrown in. The difference between Gleneagles and other hotels is that their staff engage with guests rather than just serving them and they make you feel truly welcome. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Auchterarder, Scotland