Heard so much about this hotel but it was a let down. Stayed one night for a business meeting and yes the building is beautiful inside and the staff are very friendly, however if it wasn't for the golf then I'm not sure what this hotel has to offer. The room was nice but no air con or fans which gave me a restless sleep due to the heat in the room even with all the windows open. The whole hotel was like this. Service behind the bar was very slow on this night I think there was a conference on and only 3 barmen on. It took 30 minutes to get served! Not what I expect from a hotel of this standard. I appreciate that prices go up in these establishment but a vodka & fresh orange and a gin and tonic for £21.95 is day light robbery! On a positive note the food is lovely and although I didn't use the spa facilities they did look impressive. Overall I can see why people like this hotel it's got character however I do think it's overpriced for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Auchterarder, Scotland