The Gleneagles Hotel is a great Resort with activities for everybody. The Spa is phenomenal, the outdoors offerings are so numerous, it is hard to make a decission. Try the Falconery, majestic though still wild animals!
The Streathearn Restaurant is a class of its own. Multiple dishes are prepared tableside and they are fun to watch. The service is very professional and attentive and never obtrusive. Kerstin is a great waiter and the Maitre is such a true expert and knows what you want before you say it. Been there twice and both times our expectations have been excelled.
Andrew Fairlie on the other hand was very good as well, but has not met our expectations. We have been to many 2 and 3* Restaurants all over the world and the presentation and execution on the plates were close to a two star restaurant but have never complied with them.
The rooms at Glenegales are fantastic. Well appointed and offering all elements you expect from a Five star luxury hotel. Staff at Front Desk always friendly and taking care of us, especially Susanne, which always engaged a nice welcoming small talk. A real star is Helen, Guest Relations Manager. She lives the Spirit of this breathtaking hotel and is a not to be missed glamorous appearance in this extraordinary surrounding.
Thank you team of Gleneagles for a fantastic stay and we will definitely return!
Tobias and Mark Winkelmann
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Auchterarder, Scotland