My friends and I went for a birthday celebration for afternoon tea. The booking process over the phone a few weeks before was frustrating as I was cut off twice by switchboard before getting through to someone.
After that things improved and from our arrival we were in for a treat. We had the "Classic Afternoon Tea" which included unlimited tea and coffee and we were offered refills throughout the afternoon. We were not hurried at all and were served in the bar which is a very peaceful, comfortable environment. This meant we spent 4 hours enjoying our food at a leisurely pace and given the quantity provided we needed this.
The food was served on traditional 3 tier cake stands and for 4 of us we got 2 of these stands crammed with food!! As well as this got 3 mini scones each (you will be glad to know they offfered to what we didn't eat in a box to take home). Savoury delights included sausage rolls; quiche; choux buns with crowdie cheese; smoked salmon blinis; and four flavours of deliciously fresh finger sandwiches. Min patisserie included strawberry tarts and chocolate eclairs to name just a few!
Overall the service, food and ambience was outstanding and worth ever penny. Well worth it for a celebration or special treat. It is popular though so booking would be recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Auchterarder, Scotland