“Gourmet hot chocolate.”
Review of Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder - CLOSED

Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Cocoa Mountain's license with Carol Ann Wood ended on 1st November 2015. Cocoa Mountain is no longer affiliated with Carol Wood. The parties have respectfully ceased their commercial relationship and Carol Wood is now trading on her own account.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Got recommended by my daughter to go here month ago, but felt a bit reluctant as I'm not a real fan or chocolate ....must say that the name of the place put me of a bit..

That all changed after a steaming hot, creamy, fluffy and rich hot cup of chocolate was put in front of me at this heavenly cocoa place in the middle of Auchterarder.

Not at all fancy or smart looking place, must even say it looks rather cheep and uninviting from outside and also on the inside....
But don't get fooled, as here you can get real home made cakes, wonderful scones and a lot of other lovely goodies...
a dream for cocoa lovers and a place to be converted into one.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked a chocolate workshop at Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder for my husband's birthday. We had an amazing time learning how to make ganache, pipe and roll truffles, temper chocolate for coating and dipping the truffles and finally rolling them in a variety of coatings. WSe were able to choose our own flavours and made a variety of different truffles. 2 hours passed very quickly and Carol was really good fun and very informative.

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys eating chocolate and is interested in learning how to make their own sweets. Up to 10 people can be accommodate in a workshop so it would be a great day out for a group.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here we decided to visit during our two day break in Auchterarder. We opted for Hot Chocolate Chasers - a large mug of hot chocolate and two truffles for just shy of £5. OK, not cheap but in our opinion well worth it. The hot chocolate was excellent and the top and rim of the mug had been dipped/ drizzled with milk and white chocolate. Devine. The other half told the member of staff he would have a piece of cake as he doesn't like truffles to which he was told these are not any ordinary truffles. Too true. We devoured the ones we chose.

We enjoyed this visit so much we returned the following day for more of the same.

One negative - the place is cold. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's to keep their fantastic chocolates at an appropriate temperature. But
make sure you take a jacket !

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Maybe we caught this place on a bad day. It was snowing outside, and we just wanted somewhere comfortable and warm to sit and have a hot chocolate and a bit of cake. Somewhere called 'cocoa mountain' sounds great on such a day, doesn't it?

Sadly, after wedging ourselves in to a small table stuffed in a corner with rock hard seats, the first disappointment was the price of everything. Nonetheless I like to work with the assumption that everyone means well and assumed the cakes and drinks must be of excellent quality.

It wasn't to be however. After the waitress, who seemed to be having a very bad day and took it out on me by sulking and barking 'just sit down' when I went to order at the till.. they took our order and brought us out completely the wrong cakes. To be honest, I wish we'd kept the ones she brought out first because when our salted caramel brownies arrived, were so tiny, dry and tasteless that even the mass produced ones in the big tub from M&S seemed brilliant by comparison.

I did a double take on the coffee when it arrived, because it looked like tea. It was a transparent, tan kind of colour, and I was just about to take it back when I had a sip and realised that yes, this was coffee, just very, very weak coffee like the stuff you make when you try to reuse what's at the bottom of the cafetiere.

Oh, and the place was absolutely freezing. I know it was 0 degrees outside, but in this location in scotland it's not exactly a rare occurrence..

Sorry, I'm not often negative, but we should have just kept on going and nipped into a McDonalds somewhere for a coffee.

7  Thank C0ire
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This is a true chocolate heaven. A Bit pricey but worth it as a treat. The hot chocolate is made with real melted chocolate and not powder. Go and enjoy