“Doesn't live up to the name”
Review of Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder - CLOSED

Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Cocoa Mountain's license with Carol Ann Wood ended on 1st November 2015. Cocoa Mountain is no longer affiliated with Carol Wood. The parties have respectfully ceased their commercial relationship and Carol Wood is now trading on her own account.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had saw loads of promotional leaflets and thought this sounded a great experience where you would get to see chocolate being made, etc. but in reality it's a coffee shop. It's clean, perhaps clinical, minimalistic and not very welcoming. This was not contradicted by the staff who also seem a bit aloof and not what i would expect for a "chocolate experience". Whilst the hot chocolate was indeed delicious, i would suggest it is rather overpriced and the scone adequate but not exceptional. I purchased some of the truffles as a gift and have not had verdict on taste but the choice of flavours was excellent. I thought the range a bit limited though and not particulary child friendly. I had visited with the intention of returning with my kids but definitely not worth travelling despite the hype. I think a viewing area would be beneficial or even friendlier staff inviting you to witness the chocolate making process. All in all a bit of a let down.

4  Thank kate m

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have been telling everyone about Cocoa Mountain! They really do make the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted. Rich and extremely naughty, just as hot choc should be!

Impossible to leave without a box of handmade chocolates.

1  Thank FussyMonkey
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Got recommended by my daughter to go here month ago, but felt a bit reluctant as I'm not a real fan or chocolate ....must say that the name of the place put me of a bit..

That all changed after a steaming hot, creamy, fluffy and rich hot cup of chocolate was put in front of me at this heavenly cocoa place in the middle of Auchterarder.

Not at all fancy or smart looking place, must even say it looks rather cheep and uninviting from outside and also on the inside....
But don't get fooled, as here you can get real home made cakes, wonderful scones and a lot of other lovely goodies...
a dream for cocoa lovers and a place to be converted into one.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked a chocolate workshop at Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder for my husband's birthday. We had an amazing time learning how to make ganache, pipe and roll truffles, temper chocolate for coating and dipping the truffles and finally rolling them in a variety of coatings. WSe were able to choose our own flavours and made a variety of different truffles. 2 hours passed very quickly and Carol was really good fun and very informative.

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys eating chocolate and is interested in learning how to make their own sweets. Up to 10 people can be accommodate in a workshop so it would be a great day out for a group.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here we decided to visit during our two day break in Auchterarder. We opted for Hot Chocolate Chasers - a large mug of hot chocolate and two truffles for just shy of £5. OK, not cheap but in our opinion well worth it. The hot chocolate was excellent and the top and rim of the mug had been dipped/ drizzled with milk and white chocolate. Devine. The other half told the member of staff he would have a piece of cake as he doesn't like truffles to which he was told these are not any ordinary truffles. Too true. We devoured the ones we chose.

We enjoyed this visit so much we returned the following day for more of the same.

One negative - the place is cold. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's to keep their fantastic chocolates at an appropriate temperature. But
make sure you take a jacket !