“Warm welcome on a cold day!”
Review of Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder - CLOSED

Cocoa Mountain Auchterarder
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Cocoa Mountain's license with Carol Ann Wood ended on 1st November 2015. Cocoa Mountain is no longer affiliated with Carol Wood. The parties have respectfully ceased their commercial relationship and Carol Wood is now trading on her own account.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Two couples with two toddlers in need of a warm treat visited Cocoa Mountain in March. Instantly welcoming, accommodating buggies and the usual disruption caused by young families! We were encouraged to settle in and make ourselves comfortable, fantastic service. Hot chocolate was exceptional and truffles beyond describing, thank you and we will be back!

1  Thank linzi112233

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went into Cocoa Mountain last Saturday with my mum and sister and had possibly the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted. Alongside this lovely mug of hot creamy chocolate we ordered a piece of chocolate meringue cake and a chocolate brownie with salted caramel. They were equally absolutely fabulous. As someone who LOVES nice chocolate these cakes were amazing. Over the years I've tasted a lot of great looking chocolate cakes that have been so disappointing. I would go back to Cocoa Mountain in an instant

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Have been meaning to pop into Cocoa Mountain for a hot chocolate since moving to Auchterarder and finally got round to it today. This may have been our first visit but it most certainly won't be our last. Fabulous hot chocolate, definitely the best I've ever had, served in a comfortingly round and chunky mug unctuously dripping chocolate down the sides. I didn't really need any accompaniment to this blissful drink but with so many tempting treats available - a selection of chocloate truffles, various scones, cakes and brownies to mention a few - I felt it would be churlish not to try something. I opted for a salted caramel brownie and himself had a cheese scone. Both were light and delicious and a good introduction to what Cocoa Mountain has to offer. We took home a couple of slices of cake too - well, why not?
There is lots of lovely chocolate to buy too including the chocolates made on the premises, but we resisted those, for now at least.. I have a feeling we may be revisiting Cocoa Mountain in the not too distant future....

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had saw loads of promotional leaflets and thought this sounded a great experience where you would get to see chocolate being made, etc. but in reality it's a coffee shop. It's clean, perhaps clinical, minimalistic and not very welcoming. This was not contradicted by the staff who also seem a bit aloof and not what i would expect for a "chocolate experience". Whilst the hot chocolate was indeed delicious, i would suggest it is rather overpriced and the scone adequate but not exceptional. I purchased some of the truffles as a gift and have not had verdict on taste but the choice of flavours was excellent. I thought the range a bit limited though and not particulary child friendly. I had visited with the intention of returning with my kids but definitely not worth travelling despite the hype. I think a viewing area would be beneficial or even friendlier staff inviting you to witness the chocolate making process. All in all a bit of a let down.

4  Thank kate m
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have been telling everyone about Cocoa Mountain! They really do make the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted. Rich and extremely naughty, just as hot choc should be!

Impossible to leave without a box of handmade chocolates.

1  Thank FussyMonkey