“So relaxing!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So relaxing!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I spent the morning in the Spa having had a lovely facial I then went into the relaxation room with my glass of elderflower water, it was just bliss! I have been to the spa several times over the past few years and it has never been a disappointment.
Having been to other spa's this is by far the best, the therapists and the treatment rooms are far superior in my opinion. I will be going back.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Grahamteam

Manchester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Gold Standard Espa”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This has to be in the country's top 10 spa's. I booked in for a hot stones massage package, which included the day's use of the relaxation lounges, thermal area and hot stone massage and body exfoliation. Arrived around 10am and was given a brief questionnaire to complete and a lunch menu card to complete. Was then shown around the whole spa and shown my locker containing towel, gown and slippers. Then on to the amazing candle lit thermal area, a first class area which comprised 2 heated loungers, a large v hot steam room, a papaya feature shower, a peppermint feature shower, body jets shower, bottled water on ice, more towels and a vitality pool with swan neck shower and jacuzzi features, (unfortuatnley late afternoon the swan neck shower seemed to stop working). All so relaxing and didn't seem to get very busy at all, which is a lovely change from all the over subscribed day spas out there...late morning saw me in for the hot stone massage in the very spacious candle espa treatment rooms, the therapist took note of all my requirements and delivered the best massage i've ever had. Lunch followed in the seperate deseo spa restaurant and was as expected brilliant, bread sticks with olive and anchoivie tapenade, smoothie, seasame salmon and poached cinamon pears, area was lovely, clean and quiet and the service prompt and attentive. I then spent the afternoon mooching between the dimmed relaxation lounge complete with chilled elderflower water, dried fruit and individual day bed sections and the courtyard garden, an equally beautiful area with tranquil water feature, beds and magazines. To be honest when it came to closing time at the very generous 7:00pm, i really didn't want to leave...and the only downside i can really think and this is being picky, this spa doesn't have a swimming pool encompassed so to speak, but if you do ask spa reception, they will direct you to one of the hotels pools a couple of flights up into the hotel (I think the swimming pool's are under refurb). Next time I'm in Scotland, visiting this spa will be first on my list of places to go :)

Visited June 2013
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Spa Day”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I didnt stay at the hotel just came for a spa day as a little one off treat. Staff were great and very helpful in showing me around as i had never been before. Cant fault any of the facilities plenty of towels, slippers and robes around to use also they provide fantastic quality handwashes and lotions all around the spa to make you really appreicate the experience. My treatment was perfect and was exactly what i was after. I also stayed for lunch which wasent really to my taste but i think if i was able to order from the actual menu rather than having to have the sample platter i would have enjoyed it much more as the bits on the platter i did like were lovely.
Found the relaxation room to be one of the best aspects of the spa as iv been to The Old Course and the Fairmont recently to see they dont have one of these... It was Filled with lovely elderflower water and dried fruit too so just perfect.
Would 100% be back :)

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Superb”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My golf buddy and I booked ourselves a hot stones massage after playing golf.

Firstly, the pre-massage spa area is amongst the finest I have seen. It beats most of the health farms I've ever been to.

The pool area in the private spa area is lovely and the different spa roms you can use, steam, sauna(s) and the calm room are excellent.

Complimentary lemon or elderflower water is everywhere to be seen as are nuts and seeds and dried fruit in the calm room.

Very zen.

The massage itself was superb, with a heated orthopaedic bed so that you didn't get any back pain when on your back.

After the massage, I was advised I could stay as long as I wanted in the room, lying on the most comfortable massage bed.

I must have dozed for a good half an hour.

In summary it was the best I have been to. £135 for an hour is on the expensive side, but it is worth it.

Our wives had spent the day in the sap having various treatments whilst we were playing golf and they were highly appreciative of their time there.

Highly Recommended.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mrcellular
Glasgow, Scotland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Luxury from Start to Finish”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I am partial to a spa treatment and try to have a massage once a month. However I have never experienced the decadence and luxury that was my afternoon at The Spa at Gleneagles. From the start the fixtures and fittings are stunning with all you need for your stay - wrap yourself in a towelling robe, pop the slippers on and let the pampering commence! You have the tropical/peppermint shower to choose from as well as a relaxation room, sauna, steam room and amazingly powerful jacuzzi pool. However it was the treatments themselves that stood out as spectacular...Sarah Watson carried out my treatment - a salt body scrub followed by 'Balinese' massage using hot oils and stones which was blissful and left me feeling luxuriously relaxed. Unfortunately the 'ESPA 24 hour saviour balm' was not in stock in the shop however I intend to order this wonder product online. All in all a fabulous afternoon which I will need to repeat again soon!

Visited May 2013