“Birthday present - tremendous!”

Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
Perth, United Kingdom
“Birthday present - tremendous!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I booked the Strathearn suite along with some spa treatments some months ago for my girlfriend's birthday. Very reasonably priced and was blown away by the room, it was just brilliant, with a huge bathtub next to the window and a massive bed. After dropping our stuff off we headed for a swim and a jacuzzi to kill time before our spa treatments and spent about an hour and a half swimming in the very quiet pool house, it was really nice and peaceful. Had a wee shot of the steam room and the jacuzzi too which was brilliant. Afterwards we headed for a hot stone massage too, it was excellent and lasted for an hour which flew in (only laughed once, which is a miracle for me -my feet were slightly tickled by accident!) Had dinner in the rooftop restaurant with a bottle of wine, I had the belly of pork and my girlfriend had steak pie, both were excellent and again, not too pricey. The staff let you mix and match from four menus if you wanted to which ensured we had a lot of choice! The next morning we got up and ready at our leisure and headed for a brilliant breakfast, again with a lot of choice. managed another swim and jacuzzi before check out and were helpfully pointed in the direction of the town centre. Would heartily recommend for couples. Think we will head back one day!

Stayed July 2014
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 October 2014
Thank you for your feedback on Knock Castle, 17Moonhound. I am so pleased that you found the staff to be so friendly during your stay and that the food was very good.
We do look forward to meeting you again in the future, for an other occasion.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Well what can I say apart from thank you , myself family and friends enjoyed an excellent meal in the roof top restaurant, The most amazing views and excellent food and service. thank you David and staff :)). I would certainly recommend Knock Castle to family and friends and I will definately return in the future. top class all round,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Weejam,

Thank you very much for this beautiful words, i will transmit this comments to the team with pleasure.
Hope to welcome at the hotel you in the near future.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Returned June 2014 to the stunning Knock Castle. Stayed in one of the Castle rooms - a lovely mix of original features with a beautiful four poster bed & a modern bathroom with a large spa bath. Spent all afternoon in the leisure area where we enjoyed the swimming pool, steam room & jacuzzi with lovely views out over the immaculate gardens, everything is so well taken care of. It was an absolute joy to relax in there and take it all in. Ate in the rooftop restaurant with it's stunning views over Crieff and beyond. I've eaten in a lot of good restaurants and the food here was absolutely top class. The combination of flavours was so well thought out and presented! The staff were attentive and courteous but not intrusive. Always had a friendly smile and hello when passing. All in all a lovely stay and very highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank PaulaSmith45
I am so pleased that your experience of Knock Castle was so positive,PaulaSmith45.
I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again for a lovely stay as good as possible.

Kind Regards.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were originally supposed to stay at Peebles Hydro but upon check-in were really disappointed so decided to check availability at Knock Castle, having been really impressed on a visit last year.Thankfully they had a room available and we were checked in to the beautiful Drummond Suite! Stunning original features, four poster bed, huge bathroom with steps up to the bath, dressing table and lovely classic decor. Can't rave about this suite enough, it's by far the most beautiful I've stayed in! Even fluffy bathrobes and slippers!

We made the most of the spa facitilites after a long cycle at Loch Earn - jacuzzi, sauna and pool. The pool could do with re-grouting but still lovely facilities. We dined on our second night in the top floor restaurant. Go for the degustation menu - it won't disappoint! The food is always of a fantastic standard, including the breakfast which offers fruit, pastries, cold meats, cereals and of course full Scottish, porridge or even smoked salmon. Service is top notch, staff are very attentative and friendly. The one thing that would have liked is a late bar as we didn't want the night to end but the staff kindly brought us room service before heading home. We were told there are some exciting renovation plans to come so will definitely be back to see how they pan out! Recommend this for a romantic getaway or a bit of R&R.

We had an amazing stay, thank you all at Knock Castle!

Room Tip: The Drummond Suite for those on a romantic getaway!
2 Thank Sandra L
Dear logiestravels,

Oh what a pleasure to read such nice comments , the team and I are very pleased, not to mention our lovely suite Drummond was available for you this night.
We always ensure our guest get the best experience as possible and it is beneficial to know that food, atmosphere and staff have won you over. We are looking forwards to meeting you again in the hotel.
Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I decided to stay here to celebrate our Silver Wedding. We stayed in the amazing Drummond Suite, which had a HUGE 4 poster bed, plus the most amazing sunken circular bath-like a paddling pool for adults! The staff were very polite and helpful, the grounds are beautiful and very well maintained.It is in a quieter bit of Crieff and has amazing views of the locale-it is like looking at Brigadoon! We decided to try the 7 course taster menu-truly lovely. The food looked like it was ready for Masterchef. We loved the white choc and herb rissoto with Scallops and the venison was so tasty. The raspberry sorbet was a lovely touch. Definitely, the nicest meal we have ever had! There are some unique items of decor, including an amazing stained glass window and even a stuffed fox. We used the swimming pool and jacuzzi which
were really nice too. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel! The meal was more than we would normally spend at £49.95 each, but was very good value, when you considered the quality and variety we were given. We also had a lovely sizzling hot cooked breakfast plus there was a lovely selection of continental meats, cheeses and fresh fruits.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, push the boat and go for a suite-gorgeous!
1 Thank Kerry B
Jason H, Owner at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Kerry B,
I really am so happy that you enjoyed everything here at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon for another relaxing break.
Kind Regards
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from an overnight at the Knock Castle and found it to be a charming hotel with loads of character. Stayed in a first floor Lodge room with spectacular views. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was impressed by the high standard of cleanliness in the hotel and lodge but the highest accolade must go to Jason and the restaurant staff. The food was exceptional, fresh produce beautifully cooked and presented. I had two spa treatments from Trudy which were very enjoyable and relaxing. I didnt use the pool but it looked inviting. I would definitely return here.

2 Thank roz164
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We are all very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and i will pass on your praise to all as i can not accept the praise for myself as i could not work so well without the the excellent team i have working with me just now as i feel the staff are the backbone of the hotel. thank you again for your kind words and look forward to seeing you return in the future
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here with my 4 year old daughter and had a fantastic time. There are lots of extras that you might not find at other hotels such as the wee cinema which offers a selection of films and the out house in the gardens which was just beautiful and even had a radiator and blankets if it was a cold day. I am not one for having spa treatments but there was a lot to offer in that department too. The hotel has an indoor pool with the windows looking out to the garden making it very relaxing. It has a good sized pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, which were all very clean. They also had swimming slots for adults only which I thought was a great idea and didn't impact on times were it would be a problem for families who might want to use it. The gym had all new equipment and all the cv machines faced the window with a spectacular view of the hills and forests.

Our room was a good size and very clean. There was dressing gowns and slippers to use and a Jacuzzi bath and separate shower along with a selection of soaps, salts and body lotion. I saw that someone had previously commented on the length of the cable on the kettle and I too thought it was too short until i realized that it unwound. There was shortbread and a selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate as well as bottles of still and sparkling water. They even had built in adapters for foreign appliances which I thought was great.

The staff were all friendly and not over the top and in your face all the time. I felt I could talk to them or ask for anything without it being a problem.

As for the food there was a selection of menu's on offer and the staff were happy for you to switch between them and didn't have a problem if you wanted to change anything. And best of all the butter was soft enough that you could easily spread it. The views were great too.

The only thing I would say is that it is a private run business and not a hotel chain so if you are looking for that pristine, generic, run-of-the-mill hotel this probably isn't for you. The hotel and staff have character which is a bit more laid back than other 4 or 5 star places, and so yes maybe some parts are needing upgrading but they seem to be working on it and for a private run hotel this takes times but the rooms have all the modern equipment you would expect.

All in all a great time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback which i must say is very detailed and honest , we are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back anytime
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
Murraypark Hotel
#8 of 18 in Pitlochry
Cromlix
Cromlix
#1 of 1 in Kinbuck

Been to Knock Castle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!