“Mother and Daughter treat”

Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Can’t recommend this hotel enough was a birthday treat from my daughter

Dinner and Breakfast delicious. Staff could not do enough of us. Spa treatment wonderful

The rooftop terrace restaurant has amazing views across one of the most beautiful art of Scotland.

Cant wait for another birthday treat.

Room Tip: Try Lady MacBrayne room the four poster bed was great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 237NancyH
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2014

Thank your for this kind words, 237NancyH !
Hope to see you again at the Hotel, for an other occasion.

There are newer reviews for Knock Castle Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 6 August 2014

For £99 me and my girlfriend had the pleasure of arriving at 3pm to a lovely hill top venue that was surrounded by lovely woodland with some fantastic views and warm, welcoming staff who showed us to our room.....that was outstanding!!! Four poster bed which turned out to be the best sleep we have had in a long time to then be totally surprised with the spa bath that I took full advantage of trying out the back massager, foot massager and the jacuzzi. The room also has great wifi access so no problem for all social media fanatics out there or keeping the kids quiet with games on the iPad. With your stay you have full access to the leisure centre which had a lovely pool, and warm jacuzzi were they also supply you with towels which we used and there is also a gym for those who love a workout.

There is an option to dine at night in the rooftop restaurant and if you get the weather WOW. With our £99 we still got to dine here for breakfast which gives a lovely continental breakfast Buffett and cooked breakfast with a lovely selection of perfectly cooked food to create your own plate.

Believe it or not there is more......you also receive a 30min massage at the spa one word can only be used..... HEAVEN. We received ours on the morning of leaving with the choice of either a facial or back, shoulder and neck massage. You can pay for extra treatment however it's best to organise this before you arrive so you can be booked in.

For £99 this is worth every penny and would recommend this for a nice we getaway. There is an option to pay more for a stay in some of the suites obviously more expensive but I would pay for that if that's all there was available as this was just a fantastic trip away.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Cadzo1984

I am delighed by your beautiful words Dear Cadzo 1984 ! I'd past these good reviews to the team with great pleasure! We hope your next stay will be as good as the first one! Thank you very much.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you want exquisite food at reasonable prices and the most fantastic accommodation and outlook in Scotland, this is the place for you. I enjoyed a world class goats cheese and cauliflower soufflé and the best taste combination of scallops ever. As one who will try anything once, even I was a little dubious about chocolate and scallops, however this dish has to be tasted to be believed. The desserts are also divine. All the staff were most helpful and down to earth. The rooftop terrace restaurant has amazing views across one of the most beautiful places in the world. Accommodation also top notch, roomy with fantastic views from huge bay windows and extremely tasteful. Will most definitely return to this unique and wonderful place.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are great, however the lodge rooms are extremely roomy, peaceful and have the most f...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Helen D,

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay,you have had such a good time, and it will be a pleasure to welcoming you in the near future at Knock Castle. Thank you very much for your beautiful comments.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a package on our anniversary that included a bottle of wine in room and 2 30 min treatments. I really can't recommend this hotel enough. The room we had was in the outbuilding and massive and clean. We went to the pool and had it to ourselves, we got cocktail vouchers on arrival and breakfast was delicious. The facial I had was also lovely and even though I'd been on a deal the therapist gave me some dermalogica samples to take home. I loved it so much I have given a night there to my twin sister as her wedding present.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear VickySmithard,

I am so pleased that your experience of Knock Castle was so positive, you have had such a good time each time you visited the hotel. Consistency is very important in everything we do at the hotel , so to get such a positive review from a repeat customer is fabulous news. It's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the food, your room and spa treatments

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Knock Castle.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

.We have stayed at this hotel before and due to the positive experiences that we have had, we keep wanting to go back. The time spent at the hotel is so relaxing. We had the Strathearn deluxe room which was lovely. It was so spacious and an added benefit was the stand alone bath which is positioned in the main bedroom to enable you to take in the scenery of surrounding Crieff while you relax. We ate at the Roof Top Restaurant as the food we have had here in the past was delicious and we were not disappointed. The breakfasts are fab. The staff are so friendly also. We used the spa facilities and I had treatments which were lovely and relaxing.
It was sad to leave after another enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: Castle deluxe rooms have charm and are near the restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Caz1868,

It's a pleasure to know that you find the staff friendly and the relaxing spa.
We are happy that you enjoyed it, and hoping to see you again at Knock Castle.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My boyfriend booked this place for us at the Drummond suite package spa thing for our birthday weekend (our birthdays are a day apart). It sounded amazing on paper, 499 GBP for:

Silver Romance Package
Besserat de Bellefon Champagne & Handmade chocolates on arrival
Couple's full body massage
One night’s stay in the Strathearn Castle Deluxe Room
Seven course meal for two
Rose Petal Turndown
A glass of bucks fizz each with breakfast
Egg experience for two

We got there and it was easy to locate. Check in time was supposedly 3pm, but we managed to check in early which was a nice start.

The check-in counter however, did not inform us of what to expect--we had to inquire about what to do about our massages, what else came with the package and how should we access them etc. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to be updated instead of constantly checking with them regarding the package. E.g. they would not have informed us on missing/various benefits had we not asked even though there isn't much to do. I had to give it a great scrub down before i even decided to go near it.

We checked in, went into the nice room. Great start... until i see a couple of dead flies in the bath tub and a cockroach. I am not squeamish but was really put off by dead insects and had to give the tub a clean scrub before I decided I would even step in it. Having worked with insects and various animals, my only concern was eggs/parasites/bacteria that are usually associated with so many dead insects in one area. It's fine if you required a little more time to clean the room, at least make sure the room is good condition to be handed over--I would've preferred a slightly longer wait to check in, than getting a dirty room.

Next, was the massage. We booked it for 2pm, arrived at 1:50pm. Got served at 2:00 and brought in for the massage at 2:20pm. Which is fine since we're on a staycation right? Plus, they apologized for it. However, our massage ended a 3:05pm, which was less than an hour. I had previously called to confirm details of the package and was told the massage was 60 minutes. I was just so tired i forgot to inquire on that day if the massage was indeed 60 minutes. Either way, lousy start but the awesome massage kind of brought up my mood a little.

The room got really really hot an stuffy during the day. Even with all windows open, it was ridiculously hot and it gave me a splitting headache. Also, the opened windows let more flies in, yay! The receptionists sacrificed their only (or maybe 1/2) fans available in this entire hotel. Splitting headache was gone after the temperature being brought down.

Dinner was amazing! Great service. Strong start with the scallops that were delicious and so was everything else apart from the coffee Creme brulee that was terrible in terms of consistency and texture, also containing enough sugar in it to give me diabetes.

What kind of lightened the mood was the rose petals lining the floor and bed which set a really lovely romantic mood after dinner.

As I've said, strong start with lousy bits peppered throughout the stay. Also, for a place that is known for amazing staycations and at that price, I was expecting a luxurious, no stress weekend kind of thing. It might be my pampered self talking as I'm used to really nice places (even ones that aren't expensive) with much much better luxurious service. E.g. assessing our needs according to the situation. 10/10 will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank rtzen
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Knock Castle Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been noted, and we hope that you will find an opportunity to visit again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

There are a lot of positives to Knock Castle, the grounds are beautiful, the restaurant on the roof which affords breathtaking views and delivers great food, good sized and well appointed rooms. But there is room for improvement, the welcome could be warmer, the place is excruciatingly quiet. My husband had purchased as a Christmas present, two, hour long treatments in the spa for myself and my friend which included an overnight stay and dinner. From the outset we had a problem with the following:
* the price initially quoted was incorrect and the hotel phoned to advise my husband of this. My husband said he would pay the full price as he accepted that mistakes happened, the owner advised that a bottle of champagne would be put in our room; this never happened.
* when making the booking I was advised that the treatments were only for 90 minutes each and not 120 minutes, so I scanned through the gift voucher to prove it.
* upon arrival I was told that the twin room had been given away the receptionist actually shrugged. I said I had confirmation of the booking, I didn't want a double bed, she spoke to the Manager and we got a room each, great. Had to phone for towels as none in the room.
* we headed down for our treatments to a deserted spa. The treatments ended up being 90 minutes.
* we had booked dinner at 8pm with the receptionist when we arrived, when we turned up for a pre dinner drink at the restaurant, we were told there was no booking for us. Fortunately the restaurant manager, a lovely jolly man, saved the day and injected life into the place and we were shown to a table by the kitchen.
* when we checked out we were charged for dinner despite it being included in the price! I was asked what sort of voucher I had as she couldn't be bothered to look for it, as I had handed it over when I arrived the poor mite had to stretch over to the other desk to get it, the dinner was removed from the bill with nothing said.

It is for these reasons that it will be a while before I would return, there are many more places around that offer better service with the same positives mentioned at the beginning.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fi M

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
#8 of 18 in Pitlochry
Dunkeld House Hotel
Dunkeld House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dunkeld

Been to Knock Castle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!