“Package ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
“Package ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend there. Was a good weekend arived to welcoming staff. Got into the room to find handmade chocolates and a bottle of champagne. Will definitely go back highly recommend to friends and family or anyone who wants a relaxing weekend away

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert B
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 October 2014
Thank you very much Robert B, hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Renfrewshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a girlie night here nice place but in need of some tlc staff vere friendly and we had some upgraded rooms some of the rooms were amazing with four poster beds etc other rooms were small and basic Fairly good spa but outwith the building but robes and slippers supplied in all rooms

Room Tip: Lady MacBrayne is excellent double room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Morag G ,
I'm delighed to know that you enjoyed your stay and i'm looking forward to welcoming you as soon as possible at the Hotel

Glenrothes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here last night and couldn't fault a single thing. We have chosen the hotel for our wedding reception in September, and can both say we are looking forward to it more and more each time we see the place.
The staff are so friendly and helpful, anything you need or would like they are more than happy to help without it feeling or being like a chore.
We were fortune it enough to stay in the Drummond suite which was out of this world. It was so clean and spacious with brand new modern bathroom, that included a huge bath tub big enough for around 4 people and a large shower.
The whole place has a relaxing vibe about it, even when it is fully booked like it was when we stayed, which you would never have known as the staff were chilled out, even during a busy dinner service.
If you stay, you have to have dinner! The food is out of this world! We had a little taster to see what standard we will be getting on our big day & I can't wait for everyone to taste the food.
Cheese soufflé & haggis crispy cake was for our starters which were perfect,
Mushroom risotto & ribeye steaks were for our mains, risotto was light, creamy & very tasty.
The ribeye, my partner thought was the best steak he has ever had, and he is a hard man to please when it comes to steak!
For dessert, cheese board which was ideal not too much and good selection of cheeses. And save the best until last....white chocolate fondant!! Wow!! I could eat that over and over again! Delicious words actually cannot describe how good that was. Thanks Jason

We didn't get a chance to use the facilities but had a walk and they looked great and again clean.

Would highly recommend at least an overnight stay at knock castle for a nice relaxing weekend (even if it is raining)

Looking forward to our wedding even more now! Will follow up review after the big day! Which I know is going to be amazing!

Thanks again guys!

Claire & David

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clairew91
Dear Clairew91,

It was a pleasure accommodating you at Knock Castle and I’m very happy that your stay was so perfect. Customer satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for your incredibly kind feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a two night break at the hotel. My husband had booked two 5pm vouchers which gave us bed and breakfast each night with a spa treatment each night and a bottle of wine each night.
On first impression the hotel looked very grand. There was a large staircase to the main door unfortunately many of the steps were broken. On arrival in the hotel we were shown to our room, it was small but comfortable and very clean. The hotel has a nice swimming pool and gym. We had dinner on our first evening in the roof top dining room which had lovely views across the countryside.
On our second day we had our spa treatments booked for 4pm so headed out, we returned at 3.45 and went to our room, we then went down for our treatments to be informed by reception that they could not take place as the therapist had left due to an emergency. We asked if they could not have informed us to which we were told that they had tried calling our room and we were not in. When asked why they had not called our mobile they informed us they never thought. We considered it to be very poor customer service. We asked to speak to the manager and were told he was busy. We were offered the treatments the next morning after breakfast just before we checked out. We accepted this as it was part of our booking but it was not what we wanted. Also we were not given our second bottle of wine, when we asked it was given but again poor service. Around the hotel there was scaffolding with men working on it, on our second morning we were wakened by men outside our bedroom window on the scaffolding hammering at 7.50am.
We were looking forward to this mid week break and did enjoy ourselves but were very disappointed in this hotel.

Stayed August 2014
8 Thank judyormond
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 December 2014
.Hi Mrs Ormond,

I'm sorry to hear you were not impressed with your stay. I am aware that being unable to attend your treatments at your specified time must of been a nuisance, however I hope you understand that we did our best to accommodate your needs.

I have passed all your comments on to staff members and we will use them in our continual program of improvement.

I hope you will return to Knock Castle in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I live overseas and wanted to take my mum out for lunch somewhere special when I came home to Scotland in the summer months. This was to be a Christmas present from my partner and myself. As we have spent a lot of time at Loch Earn as a family over the years, I decided to do some research for somewhere special in this area.
I arranged a gift voucher to be sent to my mum at Christmas explaining we would go for a lunch while I was home.
Unfortunately we didn't notice the voucher was only valid for 6 months so by the time I had arrived in Scotland it was 2 months out of date!
I contacted the manager and he was very pleasant in saying he would happily allow an extension on the voucher. Panic over!
The Property is lovely, the views fantastic and the service was great. The restaurant was very quiet but we quite enjoyed it as mum and I very seldom get time to ourselves!
We requested a seating outside which was not set but the waitress happily set up a table for us. She was pleasant and helpful.
The food was lovely. Ingredients very fresh and helpings very generous! It didn't feel rushed as some restaurants do. We shared a beautiful bottle of rosé and enjoyed a very special experience.
I have recommended Knock Castle to family and friends. We are already planning a dinner with family before the return to our home overseas.
I work in a management position in 5 star hospitality so I know hotels can sometimes be very ridged with regards to expired gift vouchers. We were so grateful that they were understanding and obliging under these circumstances.
Thank you Knock Castle for a lovely day with my mum. She thoroughly enjoyed her Christmas gift which meant a lot to me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jodie W
Dear Jodie W,

It was a real pleasure for me and the team to welcome you and we are proud that you appreciate this Mother's Day lunch . Hoping to see you again in the near future at Knock Castle.

Kind regards
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Can’t recommend this hotel enough was a birthday treat from my daughter

Dinner and Breakfast delicious. Staff could not do enough of us. Spa treatment wonderful

The rooftop terrace restaurant has amazing views across one of the most beautiful art of Scotland.

Cant wait for another birthday treat.

Room Tip: Try Lady MacBrayne room the four poster bed was great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank 237NancyH
Thank your for this kind words, 237NancyH !
Hope to see you again at the Hotel, for an other occasion.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

For £99 me and my girlfriend had the pleasure of arriving at 3pm to a lovely hill top venue that was surrounded by lovely woodland with some fantastic views and warm, welcoming staff who showed us to our room.....that was outstanding!!! Four poster bed which turned out to be the best sleep we have had in a long time to then be totally surprised with the spa bath that I took full advantage of trying out the back massager, foot massager and the jacuzzi. The room also has great wifi access so no problem for all social media fanatics out there or keeping the kids quiet with games on the iPad. With your stay you have full access to the leisure centre which had a lovely pool, and warm jacuzzi were they also supply you with towels which we used and there is also a gym for those who love a workout.

There is an option to dine at night in the rooftop restaurant and if you get the weather WOW. With our £99 we still got to dine here for breakfast which gives a lovely continental breakfast Buffett and cooked breakfast with a lovely selection of perfectly cooked food to create your own plate.

Believe it or not there is more......you also receive a 30min massage at the spa one word can only be used..... HEAVEN. We received ours on the morning of leaving with the choice of either a facial or back, shoulder and neck massage. You can pay for extra treatment however it's best to organise this before you arrive so you can be booked in.

For £99 this is worth every penny and would recommend this for a nice we getaway. There is an option to pay more for a stay in some of the suites obviously more expensive but I would pay for that if that's all there was available as this was just a fantastic trip away.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Cadzo1984
I am delighed by your beautiful words Dear Cadzo 1984 ! I'd past these good reviews to the team with great pleasure! We hope your next stay will be as good as the first one! Thank you very much.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
Murraypark Hotel
Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant
Cromlix
Cromlix
#1 of 1 in Kinbuck

Been to Knock Castle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!