“A place to relax”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
Inverness, United Kingdom
“A place to relax”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just spent a fantastic night at Knock castle. The room we were allocated was spectacular, from the poster bed to the sunken bath and the shower which you could hold a party in.
We dined in the Stag restaurant, which is situated on the roof, with spectacular views all around.
The food matched the views, cooked by Jason Henderson .
Although we only spent one night, we will remember it with fondness for a long time and will surly return again and again. .

Room Tip: our room was at the front with a nice view and quiet . worth up grading to a better room for the wow...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alimac54
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 October 2014
Dear Alimac 54,

It's a pleasure to know that you stay in Knock Castle was good, i'll communicate your comments to the team without problem! Hope to welcome you in the near future to spend more times in the Hotel to relax and savor our preparation.

Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
Stirlingshire
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I've visited (and reviewed) Knock Castle many times, however I will continue to visit as I absolutely love it. Warm friendly staff, with comfortable and spacious surroundings - my sister and I had another fantastic spa day.

The therapists were fully booked but still delivered 2.5hours worth of treatments to both my sister and I with energy and passion. The back massage was probably the best I've ever had, and my face feels like silk after my facial!

Lunch was again faultless - the chefs really do pride themselves on high quality food. My sister didn't fancy anything on the menu so they even created something to order for her without a grumble or hassle!

Home now.. And already want to go back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen T
Dear Karen T,

I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed this short moment at Knock Castle, we are looking forward to welcoming you as soon as possible. I would transmit your beautiful words to my team with pleasure.
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I enjoyed yet another two day stay at Knock Castle. We arrived at our suite - The Strathearn, to find a lovely room with a huge bed and a beautiful big bath standing at one end of the room. We had champagne and hand made chocolates waiting for us and this was a lovely surprise from our daughter and new son-in-law. The staff are all really nice and cannot do enough for you and made us again most welcome. The food, which is made to order, is exceptional and we had breakfast and dinner on both days in the restaurant. We enjoyed some lovely walks around Crieff with our Belgian Shepherd dog and made full use of the pool and other facilities. Lovely to see Bailey again, what a big boy now. Thanks to Jason and his staff for a very relaxing break we will be back again,

Room Tip: Get one of the suites on the top floor if you can
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martin_millar590
Dear Martin_Millar590,

Thank you for a time to write a lovely review. We are glad that you had a nice experience with us. We will be more than happy welcoming you back.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

my wife and I have been to knock castle 4 times now the staff are top class the food is top class in fact everything about knock castle is top class the rooms very spacious with wonderful outlook the beds are nice and comfortable the spa and gym are excellent knock castle is a very relaxed place to be and the staff are very attentive and polite you feel very wanted nothing is to much bother my wife and I feel we have found a gem in this hotel and love going when we can

Room Tip: the lodge which is round the corner to the hotel are very large and has views that are stunning
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 714Marilyn
Dear 714Marilyn,

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the castle knock you . And we improve the quality of our services and your comment will encourage the team to continue like this. I hope to see you soon for a relaxing time when love going

Kind regards
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend there. Was a good weekend arived to welcoming staff. Got into the room to find handmade chocolates and a bottle of champagne. Will definitely go back highly recommend to friends and family or anyone who wants a relaxing weekend away

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert B
Thank you very much Robert B, hope to welcoming you in the near future.
Renfrewshire
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a girlie night here nice place but in need of some tlc staff vere friendly and we had some upgraded rooms some of the rooms were amazing with four poster beds etc other rooms were small and basic Fairly good spa but outwith the building but robes and slippers supplied in all rooms

Room Tip: Lady MacBrayne is excellent double room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Morag G ,
I'm delighed to know that you enjoyed your stay and i'm looking forward to welcoming you as soon as possible at the Hotel

Glenrothes
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here last night and couldn't fault a single thing. We have chosen the hotel for our wedding reception in September, and can both say we are looking forward to it more and more each time we see the place.
The staff are so friendly and helpful, anything you need or would like they are more than happy to help without it feeling or being like a chore.
We were fortune it enough to stay in the Drummond suite which was out of this world. It was so clean and spacious with brand new modern bathroom, that included a huge bath tub big enough for around 4 people and a large shower.
The whole place has a relaxing vibe about it, even when it is fully booked like it was when we stayed, which you would never have known as the staff were chilled out, even during a busy dinner service.
If you stay, you have to have dinner! The food is out of this world! We had a little taster to see what standard we will be getting on our big day & I can't wait for everyone to taste the food.
Cheese soufflé & haggis crispy cake was for our starters which were perfect,
Mushroom risotto & ribeye steaks were for our mains, risotto was light, creamy & very tasty.
The ribeye, my partner thought was the best steak he has ever had, and he is a hard man to please when it comes to steak!
For dessert, cheese board which was ideal not too much and good selection of cheeses. And save the best until last....white chocolate fondant!! Wow!! I could eat that over and over again! Delicious words actually cannot describe how good that was. Thanks Jason

We didn't get a chance to use the facilities but had a walk and they looked great and again clean.

Would highly recommend at least an overnight stay at knock castle for a nice relaxing weekend (even if it is raining)

Looking forward to our wedding even more now! Will follow up review after the big day! Which I know is going to be amazing!

Thanks again guys!

Claire & David

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clairew91
Dear Clairew91,

It was a pleasure accommodating you at Knock Castle and I’m very happy that your stay was so perfect. Customer satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for your incredibly kind feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
Murraypark Hotel
#8 of 18 in Pitlochry
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,729 reviews
Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro

Been to Knock Castle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!