“Deli and Cafe”
Review of The Crieff Food Co

The Crieff Food Co
Ranked #19 of 51 Restaurants in Crieff
Description: Set in the centre of Crieff Our Food Hall has a wide range of local and homemade produce as well as an extensive choice of Delicatessen products specially sourced by us. We have over 70 Scottish suppliers of which over 50 operate within Perthshire and the Central Highlands. Our café is inspired by our local suppliers and serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea We are passionate about food and believe that eating is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Our chefs know our local suppliers and select the best food to reflect the season. Through this process they deliver a menu in our café to excite and a range of ready meals in our Food Hall to give our customers amazing food to take home.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Crieff is rapidly becoming a food town with some great restaurants and coffee shops. How does Crieff Food Co. fit? That's still to be seen. The deli shop is very good with nice products and a good variety, although some say the prices are high we thought items were fairly priced for good quality fare. As a cafe, though, we felt the food was only average and high priced--I actually got sick from the mackerel quiche (old fish?). It would be nice to have a good cafe and deli in town. Maybe Crieff Food Co. is it.

112jamiel, Owner at The Crieff Food Co, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Bob

Many thanks for coming into The Crieff Food Company, and I am glad that your general experience was a good one, we try very hard to keep our pricing as low as possible at the same time as sourcing / making high quality exciting products.

I am however distressed that the smoked mackerel quiche was not so good. As this product is smoked, we buy it packaged with use by dates etc which I can guarantee we would have been well within . However this is a serious matter which I will investigate further.

Thank you for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Jamie

Reviewed 2 November 2017

My husband and I visited the Crieff Food Co. whilst having a few days break in Crieff, and we're very impressed with not only the Cafe side of the business, but also the Food Hall and shop. The selection of food and the quality were second to none. Out with that we found all the staff very pleasant and approachable.
A great place to stop off for a tea or coffee break and have a well presented plate of your choice of food.
We will undoubtedly pay them another visit on our next return to the area and would highly recommend a visit the them.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Interesting and vast selection of foods. Generally quite pricey but excellent quality and the ham salad sandwiches were perfect.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

What a lovely find. The butcher shop is fantastic and there are lots of foods to sample. They sell lovely bread , fruit, honeys etc
I could go on and on about it but what I would say is just give the place a visit and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

112jamiel, Owner at The Crieff Food Co, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

I am really glad that you enjoyed the shop and hope to see you again soon.

Jamie

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Best place to eat in town, lovely staff and great food and products. I would highly recommend to all !