“superb”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One Of 2 Restaraunts At Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Ate in the rooftop restaurant this weekend and am now feeling totally spoiled .Romantic setting with stunning views .Theres also an outdoor balcony area where you could enjoy a cocktail or after dinner coffee .The food was amazing .I had the onion bhajis with creme fraiche starter which was light and tasty . The mains were so good ,we had steaks with rosemary mash and root veg and the flavours fab-the quality of the ingredients really shows .This is top end quality food which I really couldn't fault in any way .The staff were lovely ,attentive without being fussy ,a chilled out vibe .Great place ,loved it .Excellent in every way!

Jason H, General Manager at Rooftop Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Rooftop Restaurant at Knock Castle Hotel and Spa.

We are delighted to hear that your meal was superb, and that you also enjoyed your surroundings.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Absolutely first class and my husband and I have ate in many top quality resturants all over the world and the meal tonight was excellent.

We have booked our sons
Wedding here in September and I am so glad we have chosen such a first class venue

We are delighted to hear that your meal was so impressive, and very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A welcome return to a firm favourite of mine whilst staying at the wonderful Knock Castle Hotel and Spa meant two wonderful meals at this wonderful hidden gem of a restaurant.
I cannot sing the praises of this restaurant enough - with breath-taking views all around you the food is certainly a fine match. One word to describe it - exquisite!
Having personally been fortunate to eat in some of the finest restaurants in the UK and on the continent I would most definitely say that the Rooftop restaurant offers you the perfect blend of high quality fine dining mixed with a laid back relaxed atmosphere - nothing is too much trouble for Jason the owner/head chef or his staff.
On one of the evenings I had one of the new additions to the new menu which was a complete taste explosion of complete heaven. perfectly pan seared scallops infused with chocolate nestled on a bed of a creamy herb risotto - sheer perfection - I am sure i bored my fellow diners with how amazing they were... the only thing is now i can see me missing out on some of the other amazing new additions to the menu as i will have to have them again and again the next time I visit.
Well done once again for the entire team and for not being able to put a foot out of place in this customer's eyes....
Back in a few weeks and can't wait!!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such an extensive review the Rooftop Restaurant at Knock Castle Hotel and Spa.

We are delighted to hear that your meal was so exquisite, and that the menu was to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food is freshly prepared. I was worried about the portion sizes as we like our food but adequate portions are given and the food is of good quality. I like the idea that the food and drink is locally sourced

We are very pleased to hear that your meal was so enjoyable, and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived to a welcome cocktail, quite tasty. We had some nibbles of sweet potato and crisped parsnip, very tasty although olives are not for me.

The chef sent out some more while we were waiting for everyone to arrive, the lemon salmon and onion bhajis, the bhajis were amazing, I didn't try the salmon.

The meal itself was great, I started with the double baked cauliflower and goats cheese soufflé (could of ate a few of the). For mains I had the ribeye steak with black pudding bubble and squeak, steak was well cooked and tender.

All in all a great night was had, thanks to Davie and his team.

1  Thank Gregg W

We are delighted to hear that your meal was so enjoyable, and that you were able to celebrate your 30th in style.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.