“A very pleasant and enjoyable experience”

Newstead Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 27 Crieff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Frank and Enid. When I was was searching for a B+B in Crieff it was like winning the lottery when we chose Newstead B+B.Marion is an excellent hostess ,very welcoming and cooks a superb breakfast.We will definetly come back if ever in Crieff .Thank you very much Ma.rion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marion W, Owner at Newstead Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review and glad you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to meet you both and a delight to host you and listen to you chatting away in Welsh even if I didn't understand it!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My fiancé and I stayed with Marion at the Newstead B&B for 2 nights in April 2014. We were attending a wedding at the nearby Crieff Hydro but to be honest did not want to pay their astronomical prices. Marion was welcoming from the minute we arrived and did every thing she could to accommodate us both all weekend. We booked the en-suite room which was extremely spacious and spotlessly clean and the breakfast provided on both mornings was delicious. Thank you Marion for welcoming us both (and our bump) into your fabulous home - if we are ever in the area again we will definitely be back. Claire, Jonathan and bump xx

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marion W, Owner at Newstead Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hello Jonathon, Claire and bump!!

It was lovely to meet you both and glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your lovely comments and for taking the time to post such a glowing review.

I wish you all well and look forward to hearing about the safe arrival of the bump in due course.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Marion has been by far the nicest host I've ever met. My Fiancé and I had the absolute pleasure of meeting her this weekend when we booked a stay so we could walk along to the Famous Grouse Experience for a few wee tastes of the whiskey. From the offset we were very warmly welcomed into Marion's B&B but it actually felt like we were visiting a much loved family member. She has done an excellent job of turning what could be a drab B&B experience into a homely, comfortable and very enjoyable stay. In terms of attentiveness there was really nothing more she could have done for us. The breakfast was the freshest I've tasted in a long, long time and the en suit room we stayed in was absolutely massive! Having stayed at a hotel 2 nights previous sleeping on a horrible springy mattress, the king size bed was just amazing. Definitely one of the comfiest I've ever slept in! Overall, the whole stay from beginning to end was completely faultless and I was actually sad when it came to saying goodbye to Marion. If we ever decide to stay in Crieff again it will definitely be here!
Angela & Asaf x

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Marion W, Owner at Newstead Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for posting such a nice review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay
despite the awful weather. It was a pleasure to meet you both and wish you well for
the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Mrs. Marion is just a fantastic hospitable woman. Not once did I feel like I was a guest but a distant family member which she welcomed with open arms. The couriousness of asking and working around my strict dietary needs was just altruistic. I'd definitely visit her again and again

• Stayed: September 2013
Marion W, Owner at Newstead Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and it's so nice to know that my guests
enjoy their stay and feel at home. It's good to know from your feedback that I managed
to address your dietary requirements and that you would come back again.

Many thanks
Marion Waugh

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stopped at Newstead B&B on our way up to the Highlands, looking for a homely Scottish experience. Marion is a great host and very welcoming, it was nice to chat with her after our evening in Crieff and also during breakfast with our fellow guests.
Our room, which was the ensuite, was big, clean, nicely decorated and very comfy.
Marion provides a very good breakfast selection. Her full-cooked breakfast and porridge were yummy.
Thanks Marion for your hospitality. We would recommend Marion's place to people visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review it is always nice to receive feedback from guests
and good to know that they enjoyed their stay. Glad that the cooked breakfast and porridge were
yummy and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in "Bonnie Scotland"

Reviewed 11 September 2013

marion was a great host and the place is lovely. The breakfast was very nice and the host can't do enough for you. I had the option of a room at the hydro after I had checked it to the B&B but decided to stick with the B&B - the room was lovely and a really comfortable stay in the en suite. Pete

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to post this positive review, I really appreciate it and it is good
to get feedback from guest and to know that they enjoyed their stay.

Many thanks

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My sisters and I stayed with Marion in Aug. She is such a sweet lady. She was easy to talk to and so helpful trying to find us things to do. I felt at home imediately. She had lots of choices for breakfast and was even willing to make us other things if we wanted something that wasn't on the menu. Wonderful view from the living room.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I am so glad that you and your sisters enjoyed your stay and had a good time exploring
Crieff and further afield in "Bonnie Scotland". It was great to meet you all and I really appreciate you taking the time to post this review and thanks for the lovely positive comments. Hope you all
enjoyed the rest of your vacation.