4,402 results
All reviews meikle restaurant victorian spa winter garden kids club self catering child care family hotel soft play quad biking executive room outdoor activities family break bunk beds bouncy castle crazy golf the main hotel party night
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Just back from a stay in one of the three bedroom cottages. Very clean, comfortable and like a home from home. Would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Cottage 813 has a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
CrieffHydro, Guest Relations Manager at Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

A short and sweet review ! thanks for your great comments and we hope we'll see you back again soon

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We booked an 'itison' deal for a night here.

We like the hotel, spacious, friendly staff, plenty to do. Our meals were good in the restaurant.

Our deal included entry to the Victorian Spa - which we really liked, partly due to the terrible weather outside. With our itison deal, this only included one day of our stay.

The let down was our room. They obviously don't operate a 'best room available' that some hotels offer. Clearly the hotel was very quiet, so why would we be allocated a disabled access room with no view? Perhaps this is the itison room?

The other issue with our room was the terrible drainage smell, which only got bad on the day we left (otherwise we would have asked for a change of room) - the whole apartment stank. The girl at reception did not seem too interested when we mentioned at check-out.

Avoid room 17!!

• Stayed: November 2011

Hi there mckol, thanks for your recent review, we glad to see that overall you were pleased with your stay although i'm sorry you were disappointed with your room. We could have certainly moved you if the hotel was quiet and we'd known you were unhappy. I hope you'll come back in the future, please remind us about this time and, we'll put a complimentary upgrade request in your booking

Reviewed 5 December 2011

I and 20 members of my family came to this wonderful, friendly hotel,at the last minute as sadly our Dad passed away in the local hospital.However I found this hotel FABULOUS as it cared for all our needs and we all had a great time,despite our sorrow. .....there was something for every age...form the oldest ,my Mum who came to the private Sunday lunch ...to the youngest at one who swam each day ......the children were the quickest at finding there way around...but soon the pool,cinema and food places were easily known and we could let the 8 and 12 year olds have keys and go exploring safely !.....there was a ceiladh on the Saturday night...great fun ....we regularly met in one of the restaurants going from a party of 4 to 6 to 15 or so in minutes and were always accommodated.... we hired function rooms , the HIGHLANDER and DRUMMOND ROOMS were excellent .....
the bedrooms were clean and comfortable ,sadly i didn't get to stay in mine < as at family home.....yet my 2 sons found that having room service ,and put the tab on their uncles' bills was great ..and getting the room cleaned each day ...DON'T get used to this boys !!!!1
All the staff were friendly and polite and i loved chatting to various staff from around the world ....I would tottaly recommend this for families ,singles and couples xx

Room Tip: Room 14 and 16, family and twin rooms, first floor, excellent for convenience, accessibility quietness and good size.x.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Elliem123, I think this is possibly the nicest review we've ever received. Your experience truly captures all that we try to be. If we have, even in a small way, helped make a potentially difficult period a little bit easier for you and your family, then we have achieved something special. With love and best wishes for the New Year to you all.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

My friends and I booked for a two night all inclusive spa/pamper break. The hotel was lovely, the room very nice and the staff also really nice. The pamper package was a good deal, but hadn't really been communicated to any of the staff we dealt with i.e. restaurant staff didn't know what we meant when we explained our food was included. The treatments were lovely and Jenni was a great therapist, explaining all products clearly etc. My one niggle was the lack of "package" feeling about our stay. I had expected to be in a robe and having treatments, swims in spa pool and lunch, not having to get dressed and undressed quite a few times. However, it was still all lovely and I can see how the hotel would be fantastic for a family break. Next time we might bring husbands and children as there seems to be something for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
CrieffHydro, Guest Relations Manager at Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Heidi2000, thanks for your valuable feedback following your recent stay on our pamper package. I am glad you had a great time overall however, it sounds as if we could have communicated better internally as to how this package worked. What you've said will certainly assist us in improving how we do things. Thanks for your kind comments about Jenni, she is delighted to have helped make your stay special. We are very happy to see you would consider coming back for a family break.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My partner and I stayed overnight at the Hydro after booking an itison deal. Fantastic D,B&B deal. Room was great. No complaints there. Clean and modern.

Minor issue was the section of the hotel was not serviced by a lift. It was a bit of a walk and a pest.

The hotel is tired in places but then it is a Victorian hydro. It's no issue.

Died thoroughly enjoy both dinner and breakfast. Excellent service and food was good. Supplements were pricey but it was ok as the deal was good.

I'll be back and would recommend to all. I did not try the activities but did see they were expensive. Also looked really good for kids.

As an aside the spa was great and worth a try

• Stayed: November 2011

Hi Colinno5, thank you for your recent review. We're so glad to read you got a great deal and that your room and overall impression of the hotel was so positive. We continue to invest heavily in refurbishing and updating this big Victorian building! We've over 60 onsite activities, many of which are free and I hope you got an opportunity to take advantage of some of what we offer here. Good to read you will be back someday and thanks again for your great feedback