We booked a 3 night bargain (£195 all in) mid-week break in December in one of the luxury 2 bedroom cottages on the Hydro Estate and have just returned from a lovely holiday. The "cottage" (number 816) was great - space to spread out a little and to do your own thing without spending too much money at the resort itself! The beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms massive, the location quiet and the kitchen well equipped. The view from out bedroom was amazing.
Our two year old loved the house - she immediately spread her toys out all over the floor and made herself at home. I loved having the flexibility to cook our own food or to go out if we chose and we saved lots of money by not eating in the hotel itself most of the time.
We made use of some of the inclusive childcare each morning by dropping our daughter off at the Big Country nursery. She seemed to have a great time there - playing with the toys, running about, playing on the play equipment and doing arts and crafts. In better weather, the staff take them on adventures round the estate, which sounds like great fun.
The leisure pool was good fun and pretty quiet when we visited (though I understand it can be heaving with families during weekends and the school holidays). The pool is long enough to swim proper lengths if you want and there's a very warm kids pool as well as a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
In short, we had a great break in low season. I would recommend the luxury cottages if you like to have a bit more space or are on a budget as the food costs can mount if you're in the hotel. The only downside of the cottages are that they are a couple of miles from the hotel up and along the hill - in winter you would probably drive this, though there is a lovely path you can walk which is about a mile or so and takes 15 minutes to walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arguably the most comprehensive family resort in Scotland, 4 star Crieff Hydro is centrally located in its own 900 acre estate with an unrivaled range of leisure pursuits for all ages. Choose from over 40 on-site leisure activities and take advantage of inclusive daily childcare for 2-12 year olds in the 700m2 kids club. Extensively redeveloped from top to bottom, Crieff Hydro is only an hours drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crieff Hydro Hotel Crieff
- Crieff Hydro Resort
- Crieff Hotel Hydro
- Crieff Hydro Scotland
- Crieff Hydro Hotel And Resort Scotland