We stayed in lodge 821. Beautiful lodge, open plan living, kitchen, diner with 2 good sized rooms, both en-suite. The views from the balcony were beautiful, overlooking hills & fields with horses much to our 2 year olds delight!! Before we arrived we had an email from the hotel asking how we wanted our rooms set up - 4 singles or 1 double 2 singles in one room and a double or 2 singles in another!! We asked for stair gates & bed guards which were all provided and the lodge was well equipped (except for chopping boards) and very clean.
The hotel itself is about 1 mile away from the lodge over numerous speed bumps but there is a shuttle bus if you didn't want to walk.
The hotel is clean & has 5 (6 if you count the Italian) places to eat ranging from soup and sandwich (and the best whippy ice-cream I have ever tasted) to a l'carte. We ate at the Winter Garden & the Brassiere while we were there and can't fault the food or service. The only negative on the food front was the Clubhouse!! In our opinion it shouldn't be offered as an option or even advertised as a place to eat by the hotel - don't get me wrong it was OK but after spending 3 days at the hotel eating & enjoying the 'we can't do enough to help you' service the Clubhouse was a major let down! The Clubhouse itself is not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel, it looks more like a social club than anything else & the food was ok at best, deep fried frozen food! It's a shame as the rest of the stay had been perfect until that point.
Notwithstanding the Clubhouse experience our stay has been great! The hotel put on a number of organised activities & there are playparks & games on the lawn in front of the brassiere which kept our 2 year old entertained while we waited for food. The hotel is full of families so no one bats an eyelid if your kid is throwing a fit over one thing or another and the staff are very friendly & helpful. The pool is warm & they have a family changing area so mum AND dad can help wrestle small children out of wet swimming suits!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arguably the most comprehensive family resort in Scotland, 4 star Crieff Hydro is centrally located in its own 900 acre estate with an unrivaled range of leisure pursuits for all ages. Choose from over 40 on-site leisure activities and take advantage of inclusive daily childcare for 2-12 year olds in the 700m2 kids club. Extensively redeveloped from top to bottom, Crieff Hydro is only an hours drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crieff Hydro Hotel Crieff
- Crieff Hydro Resort
- Crieff Hotel Hydro
- Crieff Hydro Scotland
- Crieff Hydro Hotel And Resort Scotland