We stayed at this hotel for the first time last weekend and it was great. We have a 5 and 2 year old and they loved the kids club. They were well looked after and the set up was great. The swimming pool was ok but very basic, for a hotel of this size we expected so much more. Loved the packed lunches for the kids and the sweetie jar in the room. The little touches were great.
My daughter goes to horse riding lessons but unfortunately they wouldn't take her here as she was under 6, so she has to settle for a slow stroll round on a Shetland which took all of 2 minutes for a fiver!!! Lovely woodland walk to the activity centre, with great views.
Kids high tea was great as they could make as much noise as they liked without us worrying about others dining. A family did come in late and missed the dinner though and I felt that the restaurant supervisor was quite dismissive of them. They were not told the times and just assumed it was available. We could see the food that was wasted, she could have just plated something up for them. These little things mean a lot to people that have spent good money.
Our meal in the meikel restaurant was delicious, we both had three courses and nothing to fault except we had to order side orders of chips ( which were very nice) as portions were quite small.
Cooked Breakfast was a let down. Probably one of the worst I have had, coffee ordered when we were seated but others got theirs before us. In fact we were finished our breakfast before the coffee and toast came. Breakfast was either very dry or very greasy. I am not sure how you would sort this out as it's chaos at 9am and food sits in shaving dishes for a good while.
I was mortified to see a 'manager, (?) discussing service with the waitress in the hub, we stood behind them waiting to be served and could hear the whole discussion, not only should he not have had this conversation in public, he kept us waiting!
Due to the express check out we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay or said goodbye to which may be a small thing to some but important to others. All in all it was a great weekend though. I don't think I have ever been anywhere where I have failed to find at least one fault. My daughter cried her eyes out when we left so no doubt we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arguably the most comprehensive family resort in Scotland, 4 star Crieff Hydro is centrally located in its own 900 acre estate with an unrivaled range of leisure pursuits for all ages. Choose from over 40 on-site leisure activities and take advantage of inclusive daily childcare for 2-12 year olds in the 700m2 kids club. Extensively redeveloped from top to bottom, Crieff Hydro is only an hours drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crieff Hydro Hotel Crieff
- Crieff Hydro Resort
- Crieff Hotel Hydro
- Crieff Hydro Scotland
- Crieff Hydro Hotel And Resort Scotland